Welcome to Coffee Shop 17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, okay I don't typically go for the dead people jokes (although some are really funny:D) but an old friend of mine emailed me this and it just made me laugh...

A Powerful Message from Stevie Wonder
On Michael Jackson’s Death…

....... .. … … .. …..
.. . . … . . . . . .. . .. …. .. .. . … ..
... ... .. ... ... ... ... .... ...... ... ... ... .... ..... .. .
.. . . … .. . . . ..
... . .... ... .... .... ...
...... .... .... .... ..... ..... ..... .. . . .... ....
. .. .
. . .. . .. . ...
....... ... ... ... .. ... ....... ... .. .... ... ... .... ....
. .. .. .
.. ....
.. . . . . . .. .. … ..
.. .... .. ... ... ....... ...... .....
Deep stuff hey?
I nearly cried when he said “. .. . . . .. .. … .. .. . . .... ....”

:D
 
Michael Jackson has had so much plastic surgery he can't be cremated, and his body will never decompose.
Therefore, in the interests of a green planet,...













His body will be melted down....


















and used to make children's toys...





I didn't make it up, I just repeated it...
 


Because I like rushing things I completed the body of my M-2 and already found that it is flawed, but it's my first large attempt. It nearly resembles G scale but fits a "minifig" nicely.

3719511274_3b2da32d8a_o.jpg



I took a picture of a partially exploded version of it. I will post it after I get snaps of STS-127 Wednesday.

The renovation process is well underway to suit it to Power Functions and to strengthen it.
 
Hello

Sheeeesh,:rolleyes: the MJ jokes just keep on getting stiff---:eek::eek::rolleyes: Not that MJ wasn't a stiff before---:rolleyes:;)

Got some more running around to do today. Good thing the sun is out and all that---we're going to a high of 23C today with the low at 12C. Tomorrow we will have periods of rain with the high at 27C.

Jim I was thrown this job of doing a performance review that involves at site reviews of clients homes even!:eek: This is to verify that the workers actually are keeping the clients places clean and that the clients needs are looked after. I've already found one place that apparently a worker hadn't been to for a few weeks(?) and no one seemed to have thought this an issue(?!):eek::confused::( The things that go on----and , yes, the clients are all over the map;) I'm not the only one driving around---as well, they PAY for the gas!!:D:D:D

Have a good one:D:D
 
Mornin' guys, finally got to ride my bike to work today. It was very hard to get it to turn into the drive here at work but I some how forced it to turn in.:D We are supposed to have a really nice day so I will just have to see if I can sneak out early for an extended ride home.

Well got a few planes to get fixed so I will check you guys out later...:D
 
Good morning folks

It was a cool 64 F as I headed out onto the highways. Today the high will be 84 F.

It is now day 14 of our paychecks being held hostage by the little bratty children in our state capital. I wonder how receptive my mortgage company will be when I tell them I haven’t gotten a paycheck and can’t make my payment. I am sure they will be understanding – NOT. Sorry for the rant but for the last seven years in a row we have had to put up with this stuff. I have been a state employee for 25 years and only about 10 times did we have issues with a budget not passing on time. Seven have been under this administration and this guy is proud of the fact. BTW who left this soapbox out?

Last night we went to the library as the kids needed to get some books for their summer reading programs. After that it is was off to Staples to take advantage of their sale on school supplies. I also worked some on updating our Cub Scout pack’s website.

I did not get any modeling done because I wanted to change numbers on a car and found that I have no decal solution!

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


Good morning.

It's 77 and sunny. The high will be in the high 90's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today is the day for my niece and her fiance, their wedding day that is. We're expecting 30 guests for the wedding and the reception is open to all comers. It's gonna be a busy day for me so I won't have much time for the layout. On nice thing, my other niece (younger sister's daughter) drove in from Colorado last night. She arrived a little late because she got lost in Dallas. Been there and done that so I can understand how it could happen. But here's the funny thing. She got lost in Leesville! How the heck do you get lost in a little burg like Leesville? Well here's how. She had been told to wait in the Vernon Bank parking lot on the north side of town. Problem is, there are three Vernon banks on that side of town. She was at the wrong one so none of the landmarks she'd been told to look for were in sight. It wasn't until she was asked if she could see a Sonic restaurant that we realized what had happened. She couldn't see a Sonic but she could see a Leesville Leader building. That explained it! She was at the Third Street branch, not the Main branch on 5th Street.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/14/2009

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 82°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 98 Increasing clouds. Highs in the upper 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P5270362.jpg
 
Mornin' All!

Make mine a BIG cup this morning!

slide1.png


So, how's everything in your world?

I see Jeff's got a full day planned!

I see that rain is heading across the Mississippi River this evening, but today looks good around here! Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. East southeast wind around 7 mph. Perfect riding weather!

Speaking of riding, I finally got the wife to ride with me last evening. We rode down to southern Indiana (Nashville, IN) and rode around in the hills for a while. We did nearly 200 miles, and she loved it! She wouldn't ride with me before because she didn't have a backrest. SHE DOES NOW! I think I'm going to be sharing my rides a lot more now. I'm all for that!

Oh well, gotta run!

Later!
 
The concrete will be here Fri Mornin at 7:30. I am on a will call list so I has to call after 6AM to lets em know I is ready fer em. So breakfast at 6 with my brother Mike(concrete helper) and then back here to the house fer the truck and then about 3 to 4 hours of concrete work. Thank goodness for a broom finish that means I will not have to be bent over working concrete for a couple of hours and my back is already thanking me for that. I never remember gravel and stone being so heavy until today my youngest brother helped me load my pickup about six times with the rock that needed to be removed from the driveway so I can get the HHR in the garage. I was a lot easier to unload than shoveling it into the truck for sure. He lives in Japan and does not get involved with manual labor very often, only when he comes to the States andd one of his 5 older brothers has a project going. When He got back 2 months ago Brother Joe was getting ready to drywall his basement so Andy got to help him for a few days and now I had him shoveling and help remove excess stone for my place. He may not want to come home anymore because of the intense labor that he gets involved in.
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Jeffrey, OK, why Tuesday? :) ust ahve something to do with work schedules, I suppose. I hope the wedding has gone well and the guests don't get too rowdy.

BB, pretty nice looking locomotive be built from Lego blocks. I'm with Terry, I hope you got the pics before it partially explosed. :)

BOC, I get it now. I'm glad they have someone who does check on in-home care for the clients. I know it can get pretty bad if someone is not riding their tails on a regular basis.

Tom, you are part of a growing crowd of state employees across the nation who wonder how they are going to pay thier bills with IOU's. The banks in California stopped cashing them on Friday. I'm sure, after al the political posturing and adding as much pork as possible, they'll come up with some deal and then start all this over again for next year.

Phillip, sounds like a great evening for a ride. I'm glad you've got the bike rigged up so your wife can ride with you.

It's our third anniversary today so we are going to a play tonight in Montgomery and stay overnight at a bad and breakfast, where we'll review works of great literature. :) It's a typical hot and humid summer day here in the Southland but no sign of any thunderstorms yet.
 
Tony
finally got to ride my bike to work today. It was very hard to get it to turn into the drive here at work but I some how forced it to turn in.
Tell them you feel the two wheel flu coming on and have to leave. It hasn’t worked for me yet but there is hope that maybe it will for you. :D;)

Duke
 
Happy Anniversary JIM and Mrs. JIM!

Jim: Bed and Breakfast?? Hmm, you can tell that you are still a newlywed.:D

Larry: If you had waited until these Coffee Shop guys finished helping me with my painting, you wouldn't have had to strain so bad. (you would just be very old and gray! :D:D)

Philip: I thought about you and some of the other BAD Bikers on this forum while watching the movie "Wild Hogs". That thing is hilarious, even after seeing it several times. I guess it is about something many of us day dream about doing.
 
It's our third anniversary today so we are going to a play tonight in Montgomery and stay overnight at a bad and breakfast, where we'll review works of great literature. :)

Jim, bad & breakfast???? :rolleyes:
Pardon me, but I think your Freudian slip is showing! :D I can understand about the great works of literature, as we too are still newlyweds (not quite 2 years). However, War & piece may be a bit heavy for an overnighter, so might I recommend,

51LXTu2NPfL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg


Happy Anniversary to you and your bride!

Oh and remember,The most common side effects of VIAGRA are:
headache
facial flushing
upset stomach
Less commonly, bluish vision, blurred vision, or sensitivity to light may briefly occur.
As with any ED tablet, in the rare event of an erection lasting more than 4 hours, seek immediate medical help to avoid long-term injury. This means get to a hospital quick, and show the hottest nurse there "your problem"!:rolleyes:

In rare instances, men taking PDE5 inhibitors (oral erectile dysfunction medicines, including VIAGRA) reported a sudden decrease or loss of vision. It is not possible to determine whether these events are related directly to these medicines or to other factors. If you experience sudden decrease or loss of vision, stop taking PDE5 inhibitors, including VIAGRA, and call a doctor right away.
 
Good morning folks

It was a cool 64 F as I headed out onto the highways. Today the high will be 84 F.

It is now day 14 of our paychecks being held hostage by the little bratty children in our state capital. I wonder how receptive my mortgage company will be when I tell them I haven’t gotten a paycheck and can’t make my payment. I am sure they will be understanding – NOT. Sorry for the rant but for the last seven years in a row we have had to put up with this stuff. I have been a state employee for 25 years and only about 10 times did we have issues with a budget not passing on time. Seven have been under this administration and this guy is proud of the fact. BTW who left this soapbox out?

Last night we went to the library as the kids needed to get some books for their summer reading programs. After that it is was off to Staples to take advantage of their sale on school supplies. I also worked some on updating our Cub Scout pack’s website.

I did not get any modeling done because I wanted to change numbers on a car and found that I have no decal solution!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Tom, I feel fer ya! I'm going through almost same Thing, My wife works for the state health department for better than 6 years and I work for the neighboring county for 13 years! Government jobs are way worse than any civilian job out there! We have two bosses, the elected pin heads and the ones who vote fer these pin heads! If everyone had a chance to work for these clowns before voting fer them we would have better educated voter!

BTW: anyone looking for jobs the Health departments are on the rise! Takes a lot of people to hand out government Cheeze!:rolleyes::D

Damn Soap Box!:mad:
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top