Weekly Photo Fun 4-24/4-30

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P4220159.jpg
 


Thanks Grampy. That's a good shot you've got there. Nice looking diesels GN. I have some E unit too but mine look old and beat up. Maybe that's because I'm closer to present day. Yeah, I think that's it.
 
Time to build up the floor of your engine house, Jeffrey. :) The brick foundation walls look good.

That's a nice, moody shot, Gramps.

GN, a fine choice of diesels too. I don't recall an SP paint scheme quite like the one on the 5305 though.

Nice scene and engine, Gary. I still can't get used to the combination of the IC and CN. :D
 
Here's a couple of buildings I've been working on. Last night I replaced the lights in them then decided to weather them a bit while I was at it. The window glass was cut from those seemingly unopenable Wal-Mart packages. You know the ones, usually containing some $2 or $3 item and almost takes a chain saw to open. The brick mortar was done with white chalk lightly sprayed with Matte-Finish. The overall finish was done an alcohol/black acrylic spray-on wash. The effect is subtle yet effective.

First the front:
DSCN1009.jpg


The sides:
DSCN1013.jpg


And the back:
DSCN1014.jpg
 
Wow, and we're off to a great start as usual!
I managed to modify some business card holders for my defect cards and incident reports. They will be mounted at all "control stations" around the layout. hopefully they don't see much use! :o
 
Time to build up the floor of your engine house, Jeffrey. :) The brick foundation walls look good.

That's a nice, moody shot, Gramps.

GN, a fine choice of diesels too. I don't recall an SP paint scheme quite like the one on the 5305 though.

Nice scene and engine, Gary. I still can't get used to the combination of the IC and CN. :D
Yeh' from a picture of 5306 it should have been a bloody nose i believe, Into the paint shop she goes i guess....
 


Time to build up the floor of your engine house, Jeffrey. :) The brick foundation walls look good.

That's a nice, moody shot, Gramps.

GN, a fine choice of diesels too. I don't recall an SP paint scheme quite like the one on the 5305 though.

Nice scene and engine, Gary. I still can't get used to the combination of the IC and CN. :D

Thanks Jim
 
Jeffrey, those building came out good.

Rico, those business card holders and defect cards are a great idea. I'm always taking cars off the layout because of some issue and forget what was wrong with it by the time I get aorund to looking at it again. Looks like it would be easy to print up defect cards using standard business card stock and then write down the problem and stick the defect card under a roofwalk or folded to fit under a truck before it goes in the bad order box.

Trent, nice wreck scene. I think that IC engineer may have been violating Rule G though. :)
 
Completed my first loco conversion for a customer. Which has now gone to its new home, seen here going for a test run.

BlackcloudOn30.jpg


BlackcloudOn304.jpg


BlackcloudOn303.jpg


And for myself I have been working on a pair of Railmotors based on and Aus prototype I found whilst searching the net.

STA52786.jpg


and here it is as of today. The roof mounted radiators are wrong and are coming off to be replaced with something much finer.

primedrailcar2.jpg


primedrailcar.jpg
 
I am just posting a few shots that I took at the Woodstock Turn last weekend. These are just flash photos taken at some layouts we visited on Saturday afternoon.

WoodstockLayout03w.png


WoodstockLayout04w.png


WoodstockLayout05w.png


WoodstockLayout08w.png
 
And....... Here are few from the Train Show in Woodstock, Ontario last Sunday. The show was not part of the convention, but there was NMRA representation there. A couple shots from the NMRA Modeler's Corner at the Show.

ModelersCorner1w.png


Close up of the bridge:

ModelersCorner2w.png


One of several display railroads there:

WoodstockShow07w.png


And what the hobby is really all about (at its best):

SharingTheHobbyw.png
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top