Weekly Photo Fun 2-12/2-18

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Caught KCS 4331 working the southwest spur in Sundown.

P2120462.jpg
 
That is a nice backdrop Jeffrey. You should take a spray bottle with some water in it, set the bottle to mist, and spray down your grass a little. The water will draw the dust down under the layout, and the scenery will look "fresh" again.

I do like your town, always something going on!
 


I have made some progress this week, here are a few photos:

Boxcar Hank sits by watching the scenery bloom.
DSCF3748.jpg


I'm glad to be finally getting around to getting the layout scenicked. I've having more fun doing the ballast this go around.
DSCF3745.jpg


Engine 51 got some preliminary weathering done this week.
DSCF3754.jpg
 
Como's Turf Exchange is about done, a bit of weathering still to do and adding some birds (and bird poop) to the roof. Last shot is the period photo that the client sent me for the front of the building, tried to get close on the figures without doing a full sculpt on them.
 
And a couple of shots of the machine shop as it nears completion. Central line shaft is installed and most of the belts too.
 
I used several shades of acrylic paint, thinned with water, mixed in a cup. I then carefully dipped the locomotive shell into the mixture. I used a blow dryer to dry the paint. And then scraped off any areas that were too thick/dense or didn't look right, a fingernail works great for this process. Then a final "sanding" with a paper towel takes off any areas that have undesirable texture.

Since the locomotive shell will be interchanged with another locomotive shell on a powered chassis, I have only done the shell with any weathering. When I get around to getting more weathering powder, I will add a little more dirt and rust to what is already there.


Grampy - Great photo of the RS1. Whats in the piggyback trailer?
 


Wow, those last few sets of photos are really something....please accept my compliments, fellas. :D

Well, here is my imaging effort for this week. A J is slowing as it crosses the interchange bridge over the Seneca River with a small consist of 7 smooth-sided passenger cars.

Cs-train-over-canoes.png


-Crandell
 
Off to a great start guys!
Adam it looks like Hank slipped under at one time? Guess that's part of the dangers of hobo life! :(

I did a little more work on the Wall Sub., ready for fascia!
Also adjusted some things on the new bridge into the mill, almost time for paint.
 
So I took my lovely wife and a friend of hers over to the Outlets in Gettysburg this morning and on the way she asked me what my plan was for the day. I mentioned that I thought I would stop at Tommy Gilbert's Hobby Shop and look around a bit. She smiled and told me to pick out my Valentine's Day gift. I am the luckest man and modeller on the planet....

100_2853a.png

100_2852a.png
 


I actually got some more modeling done!:eek: I was in need of some trailers/Passenger cars for my 300hp/100ton Box Cab to pull around. I still got a lot more to do, but the hard stuff is almost over.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top