ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
The Aurora & Portland is back-dating it's power. It took possession of 2 Atlas Silver series SD24's.
And 6 Atlas Silver series B40-8's.
All will be painted in the original A&P blue paint scheme. The best part of this deal is that it cost the owner a total of $175 for all of these new engines!!
No. I roll the trucks along a length of track with a signaficant amount of pressure on them to break off anything that was going to come. They are then wiped down to remove any loose pieces then are attached to the cars.
I found a bunch of Roundhouse kits in the LHS consignment bin the other day! Here's one of the cars that I did up last night, still needs a little more grime.
Ah it was good to build a kit again.
You aint kidding! Wow nice score! I really like your choice of engines too! B40-8s are among my favorites I have 3 of them in ofcourse the UP livery one with the lightning bolt striping. The SD24s are nice too! I do not have any of those. Jerome those are DCC ready units right? Looking forward to see them come out of the paint booth!
You aint kidding! Wow nice score! I really like your choice of engines too! B40-8s are among my favorites I have 3 of them in ofcourse the UP livery one with the lightning bolt striping. The SD24s are nice too! I do not have any of those. Jerome those are DCC ready units right? Looking forward to see them come out of the paint booth!
Got my new Sergent couplers in today. Seen here on AMTK 139, are some FC87A's. This is a Type F coupler, with a lower shelf (there's also a type SF with an upper and lower shelf). These couplers have been around since the 50's and are common on passenger locomotives. The tabs on the sides are designed to mate up with tight-locks (type H). View attachment 18696
By examining photos, I've determined most Amtrak P42's have the type F, as do numerous BNSF units. I ordered one pack to equip both of my painted P42's to see how they looked. I'll be ordering many more, I hope to have a BNSF ES44DC and Dash 9 painted and detailed for WPM this year, with type F's installed...
I also ordered some Sergent SEC87A's, a type E double shelf coupler, and have equipped two tank cars. Those are some sweet couplers too.