blownoutcylinder
Active Member
Matt My favourite is the first one----just pure atmosphere. The photography is spot on----

There's actually some on both sides, the other side is black scribblings so it hides a tad better...Nice work on the hopper Josh, looks good as do the wheelsBTW, nice "graffiti" on the side in the last pic lol
The white is what's left of a whitewash. The color on the trucks is a flat latex equivalent of Floquil Rail Tie Brown that I had mixed at Lowe's.Is that white stuff modeling snow Jeff? If so the flakes are just a bit large. I like the coloring on the trucks. What color did you use?
They are nice trucks! You might want to kitbash on a different cab though, its kind of new for your era. The boom is pretty new too, say 80's-now, prior to that it would have been a boom like that of the Athearn models.Jim, Thanks, the Tow truck is a Matchbox Real Working Rig, needs a little work on the plastic boom and front bumper, but doesn't scale out badly. I also got their Waste Management garbage truck. That is really nice! Others in the series scale out pretty good too. I plan to go back and pickup a few more. Wal-mart $4.95, not bad at all.
