ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Some more new Matchbox trucks.
Here we have a Matchbox desert racing truck, awaiting better wheels. Now if I can only find those wheels.
View attachment 16866
Matchbox City bus. Measures in at 21' long, 8' wide, and 9' tall, good enough for me! Herpa wheels installed. I'll use some Microscale trim film to cover up the Matchbox ad, and put my own on.
View attachment 16867
View attachment 16868
Hello folks,
Just admiring the work here. Between camera being broken and the wife thinking Christmas is a month of stuff to do,
I don't have anything to show. Oh well, 'tis the season. Not to mention it's too cold up North here to spend a lot of
time working on a basement layout anyway.
Charles H.- Nice awnings and signs, that's really what makes these kits look great.
Jeffery- Your ranch house is just like one of the very first buildings I had as a kid. Next layout I want to iclude a little
Plastiville town and finish it the way I dreamed it as a kid. I still think those are nice kits.
Oztankonline - I like the feel of your street scene, shame you had to dismantle it.
Matt - Amazing work! I keep telling the wife I could do work like that if I just quit my job, but I'm lying! So modeling
is your day job? Just curious, how do find your clients? Or do they find you? I'm sure your reputation for your work must
get around.
A close-up of one of the bobbers. Check out the guy at the far left window. He looks like he wants out.
Gary I've been a full time custom builder for four years now, part time before that for 9 years. Any more most of my business is word of mouth, potential clients seeing examples of my work on friends layouts and wanting something similar. I do a couple of conventions/shows each year when I set up and sell "stock" pieces, and always have a peek of interest afterwards. I do maintain a website with some examples of previous work which also brings in some business. For the past two years I have been running a booked out time of 10-12 weeks.
Kristene my wife has been very supportive of my moving to custom building full time, which made the change easy for me.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
A close-up of one of the bobbers. Check out the guy at the far left window. He looks like he wants out.
Looks just like the public transportation in Boston. Arms out the windows to snatch purses from the people standing on the subway platform and the other guy is Charlie on the MTA, the man who never returned.
No, no--
Charlie's wife goes down
To the Scollay Square* station
Every day at quarter past two,
And through the open window
She hands Charlie a sandwich
As the train comes rumblin' through!
Hence, Charlie has to reach out of the window. But is someone else hoping to eat Charlie's lunch?
* Pronounced "Scully Square".
Looks just like the public transportation in Boston. Arms out the windows to snatch purses from the people standing on the subway platform and the other guy is Charlie on the MTA, the man who never returned.
Well, at least they could have opened the windows before they stuck their arms through them. Windows are expensive to replace.......



Call the MAID!!!!
Client decided that a toilet was needed in the machine shop so started building one for the addition. Old style wall hung unit in bad need of some attention, just like remember them in industrial locations where there is only guys working. Note the toilet paper rolls on the shelf. Still have to add the pin-ups and perhaps a sink.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
Also a shot of Debates right before the building was added to the base. The woman is behind the window in room #1, yes that is the Psycho room.
Got the doors added to the fire house, they are cocked at the angle shown in the photo that the client provided.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
Looks good Josh
NYC_George
Matt: that old toilet looks great! I'm old enough that I can remember seeing a bunch of those still in use.
Reckon it's been a while since UP used one of these?
Matt: that old toilet looks great!
Not for whoever has to clean it
Nice stuff Matt, very realistic if you ask me!
-Nate
Wow, I can't imagine how smelly that bathroom is!
Stated setting the office corner in the machine shop. Note the rail bookends on the desk along with the rolled up plans on the filing cabinet. The cart for the typewriter is some scrape Evergreen.
Also built the large double spindle lathe. Decided that since it was right next to the doorway it needed to be shown in use so I built a piece being turned and set the controls for a figure that I have in mind.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
Also sometimes rail does come in handy, a piece in use as a weight holding down the porch roof while the columns dry (the other item is a piece of a Civil War cannon ball). And a shot of the girl in the window.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)