Weekly Photo Fun 10/9-10/15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I've received some PM's requesting addition shots of the Southern boxcar I put up this am, so here goes.

P9040101.jpg


P9040103.jpg


P9040104.jpg


P9040105.jpg


P9040106.jpg


DSCN1876.jpg
 
Nate, good first try on the covered hopper. A little too heavy on the rust on some portions of the car but it looks like it's been on the road for a few years. :)

haha thanks, and yea i got a bit carried away huh...but practice makes perfect :D

~Nate
 


my new Dash 8-40C in Norfolk Southern scheme, size comparison next to a Dash 8-40B :D

then a pic of the new NS loco pulling a coal train, and then some P&W locos lined up on a siding.
 
Heres my first attempt at really trying to heavily weather something...so I took a huge chance at weathering a brand new pure white ADM hopper...and well, i think it came out pretty well :)
Not bad for a first try. Might I suggest you spend a few more hours studying the prototype, as the rust is a little to even, and starts in uncommon areas. Other then that, its much better then my first attempts!

looks pretty darn good! now whacha gonna do with it?
I dunno! I was thinking of placing it outside my "paint shop" on my layout, for now, then when I finally complete my Cajon layout, placing it near the shops in Barstow.
 
Steamfreak, the picture is nice, shows the detail on the engine very well -and your trackwork/ballast is excellent.
 


Bob...Thanks for the comments. That is my favorite engine (P2K 0-8-0), and the ballast is the result of MANY hours of back-straining work...but worth it..!! ;)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top