jeffrey-wimberly
Dr Frankendiesel
I've received some PM's requesting addition shots of the Southern boxcar I put up this am, so here goes.
Nate, good first try on the covered hopper. A little too heavy on the rust on some portions of the car but it looks like it's been on the road for a few years.![]()
Its an Athearn RTR. The Genesis line only includes the SD45-2, SD70 series, and SD60M's, so far.
Here's my 567 prime mover painted green:
Not bad for a first try. Might I suggest you spend a few more hours studying the prototype, as the rust is a little to even, and starts in uncommon areas. Other then that, its much better then my first attempts!Heres my first attempt at really trying to heavily weather something...so I took a huge chance at weathering a brand new pure white ADM hopper...and well, i think it came out pretty well![]()
I dunno! I was thinking of placing it outside my "paint shop" on my layout, for now, then when I finally complete my Cajon layout, placing it near the shops in Barstow.looks pretty darn good! now whacha gonna do with it?
