dieselfan1
Member
Unitrack HCD Layout
Just finished . It's a railfan special , no ops. Still needs the black skirting installed.
Just finished . It's a railfan special , no ops. Still needs the black skirting installed.
wasn't 2310 just recently painted into the finger lakes NYC scheme?
Not as of this morning around 11 AM........She is still sitting where she was last Summer right off Routes 5 & 20 in Geneva.
The lady who was the Director of Communications and Public Affairs for the FGLK told us at a R&GV RR Museum (NRHS) meeting last fall that for the time being, at least, both # 3209 and 3210 will most likely stay in Sante Fe colors. Neither is in service at the moment.
Their LV Heritage unit #2201 (U23B) was doing switching duties this morning in the yard. I'm trying to catch a train going South to Corning sometime this week. There are a couple places I might be able to get some stunning photos. So I'll be watching the yard closely............ If they send out a train today, it will be early afternoon, so I am just home for lunch and then will be back on "watch".![]()
It was 2309 I was thinking about.
Just finished . It's a railfan special , no ops. Still needs the black skirting installed.
Just finished . It's a railfan special , no ops. Still needs the black skirting installed.
Well after a couple years fussing and tinkering with my brass Balboa SP C-9 2-8-0, I finally have it running as reliably as a Spectrum model. I greatly expanded the electrical pickup on the model. While the tender still only picks up one rail, all the drive wheels pickup both rails and the lead truck now also picks up one rail also. Previously only the drive wheels picked up the rail opposite the tender, which lead to stalls on turnouts where good contact with the rails could not be maintained. Now the locomotive sails through turnouts without trouble. The lead truck also had a problem with the wheel shorting to the frame in moderate curves. With some grinding and modifications to the front coupler pocket, the engine now easily handles sharp curves. I also installed a decoder with headlight that is hidden in the tender. The engine still has a the original open frame motor and gearbox, and despite being a bit on the noisy side, runs well at low speed. I plan to upgrade those components soon with NWSL items. The paint on this model is actually a factory paint job that was baked on. Unfortunately, the location of the lettering on the tender wasn't very accurate. I plan to sand off the lettering and repaint and decal. This is one of two Balboa brass models that I own, the other being 4-10-2 SP #5021. I still need to add a decoder and do some other upgrades to the 4-10-2. Needless to say, I'm very happy to finally have my 2-8-0 running well.
