Then something a bit sad. This started life as a Fine Scale Miniatures "John Allen Engine House". Kit was assembled years ago (judging by the state of the painted details) by another builder. It was sitting on a clients layout awaiting installation when it was crushed. I got it to make into a derelict engine house since the damage was extensive. Roof was destroyed, end walls were damaged, three of the six main doors were shattered.
I reattached the end walls, removed some of the interior details then started making the interior into something that had been abandoned. I am installing new rafters (some of which will be sagging/broken) and will partly shingle the roof too.
When it is done it is going back to the clients layout to be installed in a new spot where the scene calls for something abandoned.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
I reattached the end walls, removed some of the interior details then started making the interior into something that had been abandoned. I am installing new rafters (some of which will be sagging/broken) and will partly shingle the roof too.
When it is done it is going back to the clients layout to be installed in a new spot where the scene calls for something abandoned.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
