Weekly Photo Fun 1-1/1-7

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Methane is many times more deleterious to the ozone layer above us (or, that we hope is still above us) than so many other problem gasses such as the old Freon and similar 'bad' refrigeration gasses. So, if we really want to be smart and efficient at the same time, we should be 'mining' all the methane gas that we can, particularly near dumps, landfills, and swamps, and burning it to make electricity. Of course, the byproducts of combustion would be lots of H2O and C02, neither one of them particularly helpful if we want to cool the planety. Anyway, gathering all that gas spread around here and there would be very invasive and expensive.

Probably the best thing, when it comes right down to it, would be for the populace to stop having children for about 20 years. When we lose all those people capable of reproducing over that time, plus all the aging people who would be closer to death actually passing away, we would have fewer people needing energy to live. And that is the problem with methane....it is a byproduct of our burgeoning numbers who need more organic matter of many types to live decently.

-Crandell

AAHH!! But then we bury all the dead and they also produce Methane---as we do when we have gas-----:eek::eek::D:D:D:D
 
Well back to a subject other than gas!
I haven't been posting too much new work lately because I've been working mostly on a rather large off-layout project. As it nears completion I will move it to the layout. This would be my Neenah City Line elevated. Under the control of the Wisconsin Electric Interurban Rail District. (That's right, WEIRD!) So here are some in progress shots of my Downtown station. The supports will be built under this and ultimately the station will be a combination of features from the six remaining original stations on the Chicago Loop but yes it is the basically the Atlas kit. A bit of work to complete and then thst support structure. (It won't really be supporting the weight.) Enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • Neenah City Line Under Construction.jpg
    Neenah City Line Under Construction.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Neenah City Line Under Construction (1).jpg
    Neenah City Line Under Construction (1).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 342
  • Neenah City Line Under Construction (3).jpg
    Neenah City Line Under Construction (3).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 289


Some shots of the car float's truss to keep it level. Many wooden river vessels had something similar. The 50' express reefer gives some sense of size.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
And some shots of the planner corner, added another work bench and a bunch of junk to make the corner seem like a catch-all. Can anyone figure out what the blueprint on the wall is of? It might surprise you.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Gary, I always liked that Atlas station so it looks good to me.

Jim - I remember building the original (?) Revel release of it with my brother at the kitchen table many years ago. It may have been the first non-plasticville structure I ever built. I was impressed with it then and I still am.

And wow, here I am forty years on building it with a plasticville switch tower. I remember us using one for target practice with my 'Man from UNCLE' rifle.

Good times!:)
 
Jim:

Decking is waiting on the LHS, they only had 7 packages of the lumber that I needed. Piece will take 15. I don't work on enough HO to have deep supplies of parts so I have to order for projects in this scale.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Matt all you have to do is use that machine shop of yours and mill down the O scale stuff.
There, just saved you a trip out of the house!
(no need to thank me, just glad to help out)
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top