ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
One pair of the new container loads after a bit of weathering.
Nice work on the weathering Jeffrey. Those green boxes are definitely toned down from their brightness last week.

Great looking containers Jeff

Are they new Athearn's?
I think Jeff has done very well with this image. Good work, Jeff!!

Just the right touch, and nicely photographed, too.
In my image for the week, I return to one I posted in late September. A friend has photoshopped in a stormy sky and some smoke, but this time, on his own initiative, he decided to play with a new effect in photo shop, something like a paint-by-numbers, or a 1920's style poster. I think it is quite striking.
-Crandell
What do you do when you have already have three Walthers car floats on a club layout and one of them has already been modified to diesel power. Well you shorten the float, shave off all of the modern details and sheath it in wood to back date the fourth float.
Started working on this this evening, the side/bottom sheathing is 2x8's and the decking is 2x6's. Planning on using a truss rod on each side to keep the float level.
Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
Nice work, everyone.
My version of the Broadway Limited with K4s No. 1361 on the point. DJ.
Great looking containers Jeff

Are they new Athearn's?
Nope. New from Bachmann.
Nice work, everyone.
My version of the Broadway Limited with K4s No. 1361 on the point. DJ.
Is it real or memorex?
Wow, that's absolutely stunning!!
Kind of makes my effort look amateurish. Wait a minute... I am an amateur.

Chessie and Seaboard boys find new life as CSX
ahhh cool!! They look great

Well, I decided to try shooting some new pics of my skyline and also of Wall St. (yes it's against the wall) I'm working on an elevated rapid transit line that will run above this. Yes, much too tall but that what happens when you take out the middle level.
Again, you guys are starting out the new year with great work and images
..and some more plus looking the other way to very small (3 buildings, N scale) town of Summit.
Also one shot of the Black River Canyon. The CNW 400 sits on tracks that don't go anywhere. Another leftover of the missing middle layer.
Enjoy!
-
Jan2010 (5).jpg
47 KB
· Views: 316
Jeffrey, nice containers. Were they ever caried on 50' flats like that? I've got some containers but no container cars - but I do have some 50' flats.
Crandell, that does look like an old lithograph for a calendar. I tried paint my numbers once and mine didn't come out that good.
DJ, perfect angle and depth of field for a typical railfan shot. I don't know how you always manage to do that.
Tom, I miss the Chessie cat. Nice looking patch job though.
Gary, I love that congested urban scene when taken from a higher point. Makes it looks like the downtown is a really big city. Looks like you've got some opportunities for street running in a few of those pictures. Gonna give it a try?

Jeffrey, nice containers. Were they ever caried on 50' flats like that? I've got some containers but no container cars - but I do have some 50' flats.
Not sure about 50 footers but I know some railroads hauled them on Trailer Train flats,
CP uses 50' cars still to this day for containers and pigs. Most are converted from boxcars though.
Looks like you've got some opportunities for street running in a few of those pictures. Gonna give it a try?
Wall Street will have two tracks in it, coming out of Union Station.
-
Railroad Jan 2008 (1) (Medium).JPG
80.6 KB
· Views: 342
Gary, You sure do have a lot of Bachmann Plus buildings in your city. I bought all of mine right after they stop making them. Got'em real cheap. They get an arm & a leg for them on EBay.
Larry - I've only have seven, one double which I stacked the upper floors and used the left over first floor for my Krispe Kreme Donut Shop. I got mine really cheap too. The only one I didn't buy was the bus station.
Larry - I've only have seven, one double which I stacked the upper floors and used the left over first floor for my Krispe Kreme Donut Shop. I got mine really cheap too. The only one I didn't buy was the bus station.
I bought the bus station at a train show about 10 years ago for $5.00 in kit form. Those were really nice buildings & well put together. They were priced way to high for the average model RR'er at retail. I was at a train show about 5 years ago & he had about 15 of the skyscrapers & 2 of the hotels for $15.00 ea. I tried to get him to take a credit card for all of them. He had a hobby shop that he was closing. I guess that's why he wasn't taking anything except cash. I saw one of the hotels that sold on EBay for $215.00.
I paid $12.95 for mine.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)