Holy Smokes everyone! This has been a great WPF. Lots of amazing work.
Steve: I didn't know paper buildings could look so good! I'll have to try that free scale scenes building I have again. I messed it up the first time. But your work makes me want to try again.
Bob: Outstanding models, photo and photo rig! That engine house looks a little drafty though!
Jim: Nice work on the back drop. I really like the colour transition in the sky. I love all the little details you put in your scenes. The town welcome sign is a great touch.
MTRPLS: I hope you didn't pay that videographer too much, they need to forus more on the train and not the grass! But that was a great looking train, nice weathering on those cars.
Jerry: Nice work on the dry cleaner, nice interior detail.
John: Love that subtle weathering job. It makes all the difference.
Harold: Nice scenery, that river looks great.
Tom: I'd never seen a Baldwin demo paint job. Very nice looking models.
Jerome: A-B-B-B-B-A set, very nice! I like your paint scheme too. I think you have more GP60's than EMD built! It is one of my favourite locos.
Josh: Nice station and trees. The new layout is looking good too.
R Wilson: Nice CF7, I've always liked those. I may paint one for my RR one day.
Catt: Nice On30 stuff. A friend of mine just switched over to that.
Joe: I Love Proto switchers. I've had some with warped hand rails too. I've also had Kato AC4400's like that.
Ken: Nice hopper fleet. Are you planning to fill the gaps on the ribs? If nothing else, cut thin styrene strip to cover the ribs like you did the rest to help hid those gaps. The rest of the car looks too good to leave those!
Ray: Nice work on the retaining wall and Caboose. I think you've got one of the best model RR names around. How hard was it to come up with that accronym? I know that wasn't an accident!
Chip: I hate it when life gets in the way of my trains!
Jos: You N scale guys are nuts! I couldn't paint an HO wheelbarrow! That Highway is nice, but where is the train tracks!?! Most major highways around here have train tracks next to them.
And now for my humble addition to this edition of WPF.
Pic 1: I started kit bashing an Athearn WV Caboose to resemble a CP Angus built Van, and am happy with the result so far. Then the owner of one of our LHS's asked me to build a Prototype Model Industries CP Angus Van for him and I can see how far off my Athearn kit bash is! The white kit is the PMI model. It is resin, less trucks and couplers. A very nice resin kit. Not too much flash to deal with and the pieces fit very nice. $40 for the kit isn't too bad a price either. Check them out at:
www.prototypemodelindustries.com
Pic 2: This is a RTR Athearn Gon with coil steel load that I have been weathering using techniques learned from the folks at
www.modeltrainsweathered.com, an excellent site for those interested in accurately weathering your models. Lots of folks here can be found there as well.
Pic 3: This is some of the spline sub-roadbed I've been building for my club's layout. The lower track is hidden in a tunnel. The other track is the gradual down grade (.75%) from the top of the mountain. The grade on the other side of the mountain is 2.5% and will operate as a helper district. You can find more pictures of my clubs new layout under construction at
www.windsor-modular.com/newLayout.php
Congratulations on a great weekend everyone. I'm looking forward to next weeking already!