ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
These things run ALL week.
A train on the highway crossing at Middle Heights.
John: Is that an SD40 I spy?
Here's a couple of cars I was working on earlier today.
Jeffrey, do you use an airbrush on them? It seems like the paint is spitting large spots. I don't know the correct term for it but mine does that when it starts getting clogged.
Jeffrey, do you use an airbrush on them? It seems like the paint is spitting large spots. I don't know the correct term for it but mine does that when it starts getting clogged.
No airbrush was used. It's an alcohol/acrylic black wash applied with a pump sprayer. The spots are supposed to simulate rust breaking through the paint.
John: Is that an SD40 I spy?
Yup, it's the Kato model. We have several of 'em.
Went to the supertrains expo in calgary today. Probably spent too much money lol. We picked up a kato GE AC4400cw, which I spent a bit tonight adding the included detail parts and painting some hand rails and such. Also picked up a kato bethgon coalporters 8 pack. Found someone selling brand new in box atlas custom line code 80 switches for 5 bucks each, so we bought 10 left and 10 right, can't go wrong there right? And of course a few dozen lengths of track for cheap.
Picked up this Atlas Gold Series, General Electric Dash 8-40CW Locomotive at the Supertrain Expo in Calgary this weekend.
Been busy on the layout today, mostly changing out light bulbs. I also put a few structures in place. One is an engine house I got from another modeler.
It's now a large machine shop for the north engine house.
The new town hall is at the rear of the layout.
I'm trying this new station on for size at the north end of the layout.
And Midtown Shipping has gotten a new addition.
I like the track and signals John P didn't you also post a great model of a coal trestle last week?
NYC_George
Just one shot here... kinda crappy, I've been working on expanding my N scale Southern layout.
This is my Model Power FP7, detailed and coupler conversions done on her. Runs great! I'm about to pull up that depot, and make it a fuel dealer.
Kyle
Good looking F unit there Kyle. N Scale eh? I used to run that back in the 80's, mostly Bachmann. All I have left of it is a few freight cars and two locos. A Bachmann F9 and a Proto 2000 SD7.
Thanks Jeff! Yeah, I tried my hand at a shelf layout in HO, but I just don't have the room for it...

So it's good ol' N scale for me!
Maybe once I move out of this apartment...
Kyle
Lack of space didn't stop me. My HO layout is roughly 8 feet by 10 feet. That's in an 8x25 trailer that I live in. The layout shares the room with a small kitchen, a refrigerator and the front door. My computer (monitor included) is under the layout.
Interesting concept. I don't know how they plan to get 2,300hp out of 6 cylinders but I'd like to see them do it.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)