Weekend Photo Fun April 17-19, 2009

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


A train on the highway crossing at Middle Heights.

IMG_2445.JPG
 


Jeffrey, do you use an airbrush on them? It seems like the paint is spitting large spots. I don't know the correct term for it but mine does that when it starts getting clogged.
 
Jeffrey, do you use an airbrush on them? It seems like the paint is spitting large spots. I don't know the correct term for it but mine does that when it starts getting clogged.
No airbrush was used. It's an alcohol/acrylic black wash applied with a pump sprayer. The spots are supposed to simulate rust breaking through the paint.
 
Went to the supertrains expo in calgary today. Probably spent too much money lol. We picked up a kato GE AC4400cw, which I spent a bit tonight adding the included detail parts and painting some hand rails and such. Also picked up a kato bethgon coalporters 8 pack. Found someone selling brand new in box atlas custom line code 80 switches for 5 bucks each, so we bought 10 left and 10 right, can't go wrong there right? And of course a few dozen lengths of track for cheap.

DSCF0563.png


DSCF0569.png
 
Picked up this Atlas Gold Series, General Electric Dash 8-40CW Locomotive at the Supertrain Expo in Calgary this weekend.

P1010633.jpg


P1010672.jpg
 


Been busy on the layout today, mostly changing out light bulbs. I also put a few structures in place. One is an engine house I got from another modeler.



It's now a large machine shop for the north engine house.
DSCN0981.jpg



The new town hall is at the rear of the layout.
P4200141.jpg



I'm trying this new station on for size at the north end of the layout.
P4200142.jpg



And Midtown Shipping has gotten a new addition.
P4200144.jpg
 
I like the track and signals John P didn't you also post a great model of a coal trestle last week?

NYC_George
 
Just one shot here... kinda crappy, I've been working on expanding my N scale Southern layout.

This is my Model Power FP7, detailed and coupler conversions done on her. Runs great! I'm about to pull up that depot, and make it a fuel dealer.

3460417709_8bf12ca80e_o.jpg


Kyle
 
Good looking F unit there Kyle. N Scale eh? I used to run that back in the 80's, mostly Bachmann. All I have left of it is a few freight cars and two locos. A Bachmann F9 and a Proto 2000 SD7.
 
Thanks Jeff! Yeah, I tried my hand at a shelf layout in HO, but I just don't have the room for it... :o So it's good ol' N scale for me!

Maybe once I move out of this apartment...

Kyle
 
Lack of space didn't stop me. My HO layout is roughly 8 feet by 10 feet. That's in an 8x25 trailer that I live in. The layout shares the room with a small kitchen, a refrigerator and the front door. My computer (monitor included) is under the layout.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top