Weekend Photo Fun 9-5/9-8

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1010142-1.jpg
 


Jeffrey, nice shot.

Gramps, nice engine house and car repair scene. I need those welders over here to fix a bad order caboose truck of mine. :)

Edit: Hathaway, a blue triangle or blue square means "Men at Work" and no train can proceed further than the sign. Grampy compressed the scene a little but the blue warning sign would normally be placed a few car lengths further down the track than in his picture.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hathaway and Jim: Jim is right, and I also believe the car cannot be moved or the sign taken down, except by the person who put it up. It's kinda like locking out a machine that's being worked on by an electrician, millwright, etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice posts, DJ and Bob. Jeff, those engines look fine, but the one on the left...wow! It has seen some hard days.


Here, an SW8 is wanting some night servicing, but a minor repair must be made to the tracks at the front entrance to the back shop.

IMG_2886c.png
 


A little project that I am working on. It is painted and ready for the glosscoat. decals and weathering to follow.
IMG_6019.jpg
 
Bob, nice handcar and shed. The interior details are superb.

Crandell, is it an optical illusion or is there about a 5% grade on your shop tracks? :)

Josh, they are welding a bit close for OSHA standards but you've got to do that selective compression to get it all in the picture. :D

Smoke, that looks like a nice engine but the background is giving me a headache. :eek:
 
On another forum there was some discussion of Helicon focus stacking software and I wondered if the same thing could be done in Photoshop. I took a series of photos with the camera mounted on a tripod but focused the camera at different distances to get each part of the frame in focus in at least one of the shots. I layered them up in Photoshop and deleted the parts of each layer that was not in focus being careful to not make a hole in the photo. The result, as you can see below, turned out pretty well, not perfect, but good enough for a first attempt. To get an idea of distance, the power is an SD40-2 and 2 B30-7As. The track in the foreground is less than an inch from the camera while the trees in the background are about 200 feet away.
7828_copy.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive work, Paul. The depth of field is fantastic. How many picture did you have to take total to get his one out of Photoshop?
 
Hi Josh: You are right. They are kinda close. Safety is always a good thing. Another thing I noticed after I posted, the oxy-acetylene tanks should be secured. Here's another attempt.

P1020109.jpg
 


Nice Shots all ! Grampy what was the year that scene takes place ? I think OHSA was a little kinder back then !Steve that Royal Scot looks mighty fine .
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top