Weekend Photo Fun 8-29/9-1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Gramps, just hit Reply on my post and you'll see that each image tag is on a separate line. If you post that way, the software here will keep all images lined up. If you post them one after another without a carriage return (hitting the "Enter" key), the pictures will get placed randomly all over the page.

Paul, those SMLED's really stand out. I think this is the first time I've seen a Kato and Athearn head to head. If we could somehow merge the two, you'd have a perfect locomotive. For example, the nose door window on the Kato looks much better than the Athearn but the Athearn has much finer handrails. I don't know what the wipers on the Athearn look like but they can't be any worse than the Kato. Boy, those things look like they were made by Tyco. :)

Ray, that install does look like a backbreaker. I guess that's one reason I'm still happy with my giant CH ground throws.

Alco, whoever did the kitbash did a real good job. All it needs is the characteristic two chime horn and the bell. Last time I saw one of these, it was working Yermo yard in the late 90's. Ferromex picked up a boatload of these when they were dumped by the UP.

showPicture.aspx


Corey, that's some fine looking benchwork. Mine never looked that good. Looks plenty strong too.

Johnny, sounds like they will look pretty nice riding on their own flats.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, DJ, and Jim, thanks so much for you encouragement. It means a lot to me.

Ray, I have fond memories looking at your benchwork. Mine was nothing as involved as yours, and probably not as meticulous, but I found I was happiest when doing that part of the whole shebang. The stuff that comes later, scenicking, laying out the tracks and mating rail ends to each other, the soldering...weeellllllll, I could do without it, to be honest. I even prefer the ballasting. :eek:
 
Hi Jim: Thanks for the help. I didn't know how to arrange the individual lines like that. It seems each forum is a little different. Next week's should be better. Thanks again.
 


Crandell, you're welcome. Your work is always an inspiration to me.

Gramps, no problem. Evey forum is a little different but this one is easy to use with Photobucket. Just remember to have each image on its own line and things will come out fine.

Jeffrey, looks like a good opening shot for a railroad version of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". :)
 
Great photos and modeling folks!

Crandell, your stuff is an inspiration. It really looks great.

Grampy, 1st rate stuff, as usual. The realism your scenes convey is wonderful.

Johnny, You're modeling has always been exceptional and I've enjoyed your photos of it. I'm thrilled to see you posting with us again.

Jeffery, cool stuff. You seem to be one of the folks that really knows how to enjoy the hobby. Keep up the great work.

Alco, I'm, digging the switcher!

Ray, My hat is off to you. I'd NEVER be able to post a shot from under our railroad! :o It's less than organized... ;)

kjd, Super detail work!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
kjd, Very nice looking BNSF. On the athearn if you were to add MU cables how would they go threw the snow plow. Is that covered completely?
 
kjd, Very nice looking BNSF. On the athearn if you were to add MU cables how would they go threw the snow plow. Is that covered completely?

On my website I have photos of another Genesis SD70MAC (BN 9568)that has gotten the full treatment. I would replace the plow because the Athearn one is not correct. Some real plows have doors that can be closed and the effect is the same as Athearn plow. The hoses are then tucked behind the plow.

Dave, what era is the 8-40C model? Is it one of the upgraded ones? I still see a step on the back of the cab, which I assume is cast in place. The step makes it possible for them to remove the shell from the tooling and still have an opening for the rear cab windows.
 


Great photos and modeling folks!



Alco, I'm, digging the switcher!



Thanks Gman! I can't wait to get it in service! I will add those mentioned details to match the prototype. Then I will DCC it. I have always loved these switchers. When I lived in Little Rock, AR I would go to the NLR Jenks shop and watch them work the north hump yard. They are so cool. In my profile on this forum I have a pic of one UP1250 where it was on the deadline for overhaul or sale. The pic was taken by me in 1995.
 
Not quite done yet,but atleast ir looks like a building,here are two pics of my scratchbuilt semi-clone Hardwod Furniture factory (Walthers kit)

building where it will set on completed layout by the river.
hardwud1.jpg


Riverside view of the building,nuch to do yet. :(
hardwud2.jpg
 
Hug's and Kisses everyone!

I was rummaging through my tote of N scale cars and ran across these little gem's forgot I bought them! HUG'S and KISSES' My favorite kandy!
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top