Weekend Photo Fun 8-29/9-1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jeffery
Nice loco!

GrampysTrins
Great Reading shots! Great weathering on the coal hoppers! That is an interesting caboose!

Enginnerbill
Neat wagons!

Selector
Nice looking train!

Paul
Nice BN units!

Corey
Nice progress shot!

Ray
Nice job!

Alcomotive
Nice loco!

Jeffery
Nice locos!

Dave C
Great looking locos!

John
Neat videos!

Jeffery
Neat baggage car!

Jerome
Nice switchers!

Jonathan
Nice start on the building!

Chris
Neat cars!
 
Another day at the Water Tower. (The LNE U23B are a fantasy scheme. On my layout the LNE continued past its real world demise)

Interchange_06101a.jpg


Interchange_06003a.jpg


Interchange_06006a.jpg


Interchange_06007a.jpg
 


I made some coal loads out of pink foam...


DSCN1017.jpg


Cut and fitted the foam into the hopper...


DSCN1018.jpg


Shaped the foam, painted it black and covered the paint with WS cinders....


DSCN1019.jpg


Here is the completed product on the layout.....
 
I was able to do a little railfanning yesterday while running around doing errands.

There were some MOW cars sitting on a siding in Morrow, GA, where I've caught the MOW crews parking equipment before. These just got here a couple of weeks or so ago.

MVC-816F.jpg


MVC-818F.jpg


I also saw this on the tracks:

MVC-831F.jpg


It appears this is what the sign was painted with:

MVC-832F.jpg


Rotor
 


Nice pics, everyone. Unlike Jeffrey, the last thing I've thought about today is railroad pictures but I like all the ones I've seen so far.
 
I also caught these sitting on a siding in McDonough, GA.

Rotor

Those sure do bring back memories Rotor!:D Our Family homestead is in McDonough. Although I wasn't born there my father was and we still have many cousins that live there.:D

Supposedly we're all descendents of two brothers who came over to Oglethorpe's colony of debtors and thieves. :eek::eek:;):rolleyes:
 
Those sure do bring back memories Rotor!:D Our Family homestead is in McDonough. Although I wasn't born there my father was and we still have many cousins that live there.:D

Supposedly we're all descendents of two brothers who came over to Oglethorpe's colony of debtors and thieves. :eek::eek:;):rolleyes:

Cool CJ... hope it's pleasant memories!

I'm still finding new things to railfan here, and I've been here 32 years!

Rotor
 
Well I finaly got some batterys for my camera so I can share my newest

I got a BLI SF 3751

100_0799.jpg


100_0800.jpg


100_0802.jpg


Here is one of my new KYLE hoppers being that the kyle runs past my house

100_0803.jpg


Finaly I topped my Tunnel motor collection off with one from the UP

100_0804.jpg


100_0807.jpg


The BLI unit has great sound and is a good runner. It pulls great and has some very nice effects. Will have to get a set of super chief cars for it.

I have also preordered the BLI 4449 that will be out later.
 
Another great weekend from everyone. Very impressive photos.

Got a new one in yesterday for my B-day. BNSF AC4400CW

2822139094_1fdc036a2e.jpg

2822147384_e914ae6705.jpg
 
Nice 4-8-4, Don. You'll need some big curves for that bad boy. :) BLI does have some nice sound systems they ship with their engines. Nice UP tunnel motor too but they still don't look right without those silver trucks. I miss those.

Good looking AC4400 too, Mike. It's amazing the amount of detail you can get right out of the box now. I remember many a night trying to get handrails and grabs on straight on Athearn BB locomotives.
 
I have some 22 inch radius that arived the same day that the 3751 did. It runs great on 22 inch. however my 15 inch the pilot trucks derail every time the engine even looks at them. Other then that it runs very good.
Selector if your refering to mine the UP SD45T-2 is from Athearn RTR. Most of my diesels are Athearn. I have two Atlas and will have my third BLI in a week. However I am thinking that I will stop buying anything less then Blueline or Genesis in Quality.
I am getting to the point that I like the level of detail. However the Silver in Atlas seems to have stepped up the detail level a notch over the others.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures of the SF 3751 and UP 844 on my Tempory layout. What suprises me is that even thought the 844 is larger it will run on smaller radius turn then the 3751 will.

3751onlayout.jpg


844onlayout.jpg


844onlayout1.jpg
 


Don, I think the 844 has a blind second driver from the front - in other words, no flanges. That's what helps it operate on a smaller radius.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top