Weekend Photo Fun 6-10/6-16

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Here's the one I've been working on. This one is starting to look more like a GP9 than a GP7:
DSCN1042.jpg


DSCN1041.jpg


DSCN1013.jpg


P1011726.jpg


DSCN1070.jpg


And here's the one I simply patched and weathered:
DSCN1069.jpg


DSCN1075.jpg


DSCN0957.jpg
 
Do not let him kid you. If I had his layout I would be entering it in contests. It is not even done yet and it knocks my eyes out!
 


And how many times do we have to see those gp7's?

Showing off an ongoing project or something he's proud of are perfect reasons for Jeffs great looking GP7 rebuild. Half the fun of this hobby is sharing your hard work with others who will appreciate it. I would've thought someone with a 4.0 GPA like yourself would realize that. Go back through the pictures. Things are changing in every post. There's nothing wrong with showing off something repeatedly, I do it with my ACe because I'm very proud of it, and I'm sure Jeff feels the same way about his work.
 
Showing off an ongoing project or something he's proud of are perfect reasons for Jeffs great looking GP7 rebuild. Half the fun of this hobby is sharing your hard work with others who will appreciate it. I would've thought someone with a 4.0 GPA like yourself would realize that. Go back through the pictures. Things are changing in every post. There's nothing wrong with showing off something repeatedly, I do it with my ACe because I'm very proud of it, and I'm sure Jeff feels the same way about his work.

Before we break out the blowtorches, these two know each other, and we may be seeing some friend to friend ribbing that isn't translating well for the rest of us. Just sayin...;)
 
Relax guys and put away the blowtorches. I've known Darkwing for 12 years and we're very good friends. He's like the son I never had. And yes, his GPA is as high as he says it is. Now if he had my IQ he'd either be a real smart guy or just as confused as I was in my late teen years about what path to take. I'm hoping he takes the one his family has provided for him. On the other hand starting at the bottom and fighting and clawing every inch of the way as I did builds a lot of character.
 
Hello guys. I did not mean to cause a problem. I was just tossing a little sarcasm at Running Bear knowing that he would see it as such. I was not trying to start a war. I like seeing his work as much as you do and since I moved back here {this is my hometown} from Florida I have been able to see it firsthand. The amount of time and effort he put into the gp7 is something I would not have the patience for. His only problem is he does not have the money and resources to do it right and that makes it all the more interesting. I am hoping he will sell me one of his gp38's when he gets one finished. First however I need to build a layout.
 
Anyone can throw money at something. The guy who can make it on the cheap is the one with talent.:cool:
 


Here are a handfull of photos from my friend's layout. I've been helping him make some improvements to the U shaped 15 x 30 (guestimate) HO layout.
Atlas NS road unit, sound equipped
SD50.jpg


BLI Pennsy SD9 with coal hoppers, also sound equipped
sd9-2.jpg


Pennsy unit in the clear
sd93.jpg


This one taken when I was switching the coal mine
SD9.jpg


And my humble Amtrak consist
AMTK.jpg
 
Wow!! I have been gone for about 3 or 4 months and nothing has changed with you guys...... THE WORK STILL AMAZES ME AND I LOVE SEEING EVERY PICTURE!!!!!

But seriously, you guys are doing some great work. Just wish my new career didn't take so much time and I could get on here a little more often. I have extremely little to report on my shelf layout. Just painted the ties plates.

Take Care Everyone,

Brad K
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top