Weekend Photo Fun 6-10/6-16

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


P1011726.jpg


DSCN1013.jpg
 
I haven't played for awhile and thought I'd throw one in. I was thinking about the rainbow consists on the very late BN and thought I'd put one together. I'm sure you don't want to see the usual garage detritus so blacked the background. First out is an ex Milwaukee Road SD40-2 painted up as GATX 7357 followed by LMX 8527, ATSF 220, NS 3182, and BN 9284.

Very nice Consist. I was definitely thinking the very early days of BNSF, albeit the GATX units had been repainted for the EMD lease fleet. I remember going to Vancouver in '94, '95, and '96 and the EMD lease SD40's and SD40-2's were almost as common as the BN SD40-2's.
 


Lots of good pix here.

This is a gp35 loco, Bachmann I think that I got years ago. This pic was taken on my friends layout at the time. His layout has since been torn down and rebuilt a couple of times.

0002.jpg


0001.jpg
 
Excellent work as usual everybody.

Pic #1. ADKN SD70ACe leads a mixed freight. The boxcars immediately behind the power were very clean. Visible just over the nose of 4051 is one the Abanakee Lumber Company's woodchip piles.

Pic #2. ADKN 6502 picks up 4051 after handing over its mixed frieght and ties on to the front of a local pulpwood train. The SDP40 is shown leading the consist past the Indian Lake Golf Course.

Pic #3. Found 4051 back on the mixed frieght while returning the empties to the Stony River Yard. The low afternoon sun really shows how clean the power and boxcars are.
 
Pic #2. ADKN 6502 picks up 4051 after handing over its mixed frieght and ties on to the front of a local pulpwood train. The SDP40 is shown leading the consist past the Indian Lake Golf Course.

Ohh what might have been if only the New Haven could have survived another dozen or so bankruptcies!
 
Gary, that is a sweet looking scene! Awesome job.

Jeffrey, your grungy locos always look outstanding!
 


Very nice Consist. I was definitely thinking the very early days of BNSF, albeit the GATX units had been repainted for the EMD lease fleet. I remember going to Vancouver in '94, '95, and '96 and the EMD lease SD40's and SD40-2's were almost as common as the BN SD40-2's.

Thanks, Ted. That particular GATX unit was modeled from a photo at the start of its lease to the BNSF in 1996. I think the GATX and EMD units were from seperate leasors. I found a 1994 photo from Marshall that has GATX and EMD leasors on a train.

I was able to get photos of both sides of the NS SD40 from a couple visits to Spokane several weeks apart.

I'd like to get up to see the layout in Lacey sometime.
 
Thanks, Ted. That particular GATX unit was modeled from a photo at the start of its lease to the BNSF in 1996. I think the GATX and EMD units were from seperate leasors. I found a 1994 photo from Marshall that has GATX and EMD leasors on a train.

I was able to get photos of both sides of the NS SD40 from a couple visits to Spokane several weeks apart.

I'd like to get up to see the layout in Lacey sometime.

You're right, that was one of the ex-MILW units that didn't get put in the EMD lease fleet. The OMRS in Lacey is open between 6 and 9pm on Thusday nights, and most Saturdays around 10-12am. I might be able to work with you to get access at other times.
 
RunningBear,
What happened to all of those photo's you put up of the GP-7's? I hope you didn't do what I think you did!!!!!!
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top