Weekend Photo Fun 2-27/2-28

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Went to the Northwest Arkansas Train Show in Bentonville on Saturday and came away with 2nd Place in Structures for the SLIM&M Car Shop. Felt this was great since I have only added about 75% of the details that will be on the finished piece. First place was a terrific G scale scrapyard while 3rd was a kitbashed Fine Scale Miniatures kit.

The car shop is set in 1899 and is shown in the process of being upgraded to steam powered tools using an overhead pulley and belt system from the original hand cranked tools. There is a new flat car under construction inside. The floor is made of wood blocks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
P1010771.jpg
 
Josh, combination of 3 parts. The brass surround is i think cal scale, the brass verticle pieces are S&S hobby i believe. And the mesh, is just plain old screen window mesh I had. The athearn mesh I had ordered was to narrow to fit in the brass castings for the surround.
Hey, thanks! I have the S&S ones on one unit, and the part for a 2nd. I'll have to get the Cal Scale part, and the some window screen or something for the other!
:D
 


Hey, thanks! I have the S&S ones on one unit, and the part for a 2nd. I'll have to get the Cal Scale part, and the some window screen or something for the other!
:D

Josh I just remembered. It might not be cal-scale for the brass surround casting. It might be precision scale, i can't exactly remember. It did come with some crappy brash mesh that didn't look good at all.

I tried to find the mesh athearn uses in the newer rtr series bu it was impossible to find anything in a large sheet so i can cut the right size for the brass surround. The athearn was to short in length, perfect height but short.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top