ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
As usual gentleman, great work again this week. I haven't finished up much this week, but I did my part to stimulate the economy. Here's my latest acquisitions for critters and goats.
First up, an undec. GE 70 tonner
Next up we have a Southern GE 44 tonner
And then we have a Bethlehem Steel GE 70 tonner w/DCC
An Atlas MP15DC in UP
And finally 2 Athearn Genesis CSX MP15AC's w/DCC and sound
Jerome, I love my little 70 tonner. I always think of them as baby SW's so they should be right up your alley. You can ship me that pair of CSX MP15's whenever you have the time to box them up. I promise I'll break them in really good for you.
Those GE chassis' would make a great start to make some first generation 1920's era Box cab locomotives!
Jerome you like switchers so much don't you have a box cab yet! They are easy, very few were alike most were built by the RR's that used them...... http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel94.html
Those GE chassis' would make a great start to make some first generation 1920's era Box cab locomotives!
Jerome you like switchers so much don't you have a box cab yet! They are easy, very few were alike most were built by the RR's that used them...... http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel94.html
You can justify running them the same way you would justify a Keeping a steamer around the layout! Tourest line or Club Owned! or Just a Point out to visitors to your layout How far switch engins have come! still neat to have around!
I bought some new lighting. Still tinkering with getting the camera to look good with them. My lighting rig isn't finished yet, so the lights are pushed back further than they will be.
RBBX 84801, "primed" in silver, still got some work to go. I can now officially say I'm modeling a circus train! This car is part of RBBB's blue train. I plan to model 84801 & 84802, plus ~85% of the rest of the train. At 59-60 cars, its a LONG train!
Prototype, as photographed by me here in San Diego.
Well I maxed out my 4X8 track with a long intermodal train. I wish I had my camera working but cant get pictures right now. I was able to squeese a 27 car intermodal train onto my 4x8 test track with 54 containers. Wish there was a way to get a picture to share it with you all. I had my AC6000CW pulling it around but was kinda funny to see the front of the engine nearly pulling and pushing the train at the same time.
I tryed running the new Athearn Maxi-1 units up front and the Kato Maxi-4 in the back and they seem to do well. The athearn units are a little light but they never once derailed.
Josh,
I was thinking about you this past saturday when I saw about 15 Circus cars from the 60's & 70's at the train show in tampa. the guy was almost giving them away at $40.00 ea. LOL
Josh, combination of 3 parts. The brass surround is i think cal scale, the brass verticle pieces are S&S hobby i believe. And the mesh, is just plain old screen window mesh I had. The athearn mesh I had ordered was to narrow to fit in the brass castings for the surround.