Weekend Photo Fun 18, 19, 20

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Just sharing my latest Ebay win, which I am very pleased with!

c2a3_1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice there Jeff. I have an old Burlington route Gon that I did. I used the parts trees from my Roundhouse as its cargo. Cut it up and paint it to look like scrap Iron.
 


Josh, good start on those well cars. You must have been real sick. :)

Rogue, nice looking car but can I suggest you use Photbucket for hosting your photos? Image shack always has advertising windows that open up even with pop up blockers and also tries to redirect you to other spam sites. Photobucket is spam-free and easier to use than Imageshack.

Jeffry, crumple up some aluminum foil into shapes that are about square. Weather it with some rust paint, dull-cote, and glue it in the gondola. It will look just like baled scrap iron.
 
Nice shots. Dave. Am I the only one that thinks that AC6000 is both the most impressive and one of the ugliest engines ever built? At least you wouldn't get wet in the rain standing under that rear patio cover. :)

LOL:p

In my book, GE has always stood up to make the ugliest locomotives out there, but yes, the CW60AC is one of the most impressive:D
 
Josh, good start on those well cars. You must have been real sick. :)

Rogue, nice looking car but can I suggest you use Photbucket for hosting your photos? Image shack always has advertising windows that open up even with pop up blockers and also tries to redirect you to other spam sites. Photobucket is spam-free and easier to use than Imageshack.
Huh, FF3 & FF2 didn't give me anything...?:o

Yeah, still sick, came home early today, might cut up another car. Completed 2 1/2, have 2 1/2 left... (two cars "complete", one car with one end cut down)
 
Josh, you don't see a "Control Panel" at the top with a "Friend" requests when you open the picture? If you follow that, you'll end up with tons of spam at a porn site.
 
Rogue, nice looking car but can I suggest you use Photbucket for hosting your photos? Image shack always has advertising windows that open up even with pop up blockers and also tries to redirect you to other spam sites. Photobucket is spam-free and easier to use than Imageshack.

Sorry about that, Jim and thanks for the tip. I've taken your advice and joined photobucket, re-inserting my pic!

Thanks again.

George
 
Josh, you don't see a "Control Panel" at the top with a "Friend" requests when you open the picture? If you follow that, you'll end up with tons of spam at a porn site.
Huh, must not go that far, I usually look at the picture and that'd be it, lol.:o
 


Josh, I got a ballon that covered half the picture saying I had two "friends" in Prattville that wanted to contact me. When I clicked on the "X" to dismiss it, it took me right to another site. All of the boxes on that site would continue on when you clicked "Cancel" Classic spam. It's not the first time I've seen pop-ups and spam with ImageShack. Thanks for moving your pictures, Rogue.

Jeffrey, that's one ugly engine...which is what I assume you wanted it to look like. :)
 
Josh, I got a ballon that covered half the picture saying I had two "friends" in Prattville that wanted to contact me. When I clicked on the "X" to dismiss it, it took me right to another site. All of the boxes on that site would continue on when you clicked "Cancel" Classic spam. It's not the first time I've seen pop-ups and spam with ImageShack. Thanks for moving your pictures, Rogue.
Yeah, that would have been annoying.
 
Jeffrey, that's one ugly engine...which is what I assume you wanted it to look like. :)
You got it. I wanted it and it's booster to look like they've seen many years of abuse and neglect with attention paid only to their 567 prime movers and drive motors. Older equipment goes to the bottom of the maintenance list.
 
I wanted it and it's booster to look like they've seen many years of abuse and neglect
I do believe you succeeded in doing that. In that case nice work Jeffery :D
I was being polite and didn't want to ask :o
Cheers Willis
 
I'll bet it's a might breezy in the cab, too! ;) :)

Rotor
Probably is. I don't have any glass for it and with my meager income I don't spend any on frills if I don't have too. My total monthly income is less than $630. With that I have the electric bill, car insurance, payment on my refrigerator, gas for the car, groceries and the medicine co-payments. Whatever is left goes for the hobby.
 
Jeffrey, I hear where you're coming from. :)

I cut windows for my Life-Like track cleaner the other night from the blister pack from an Athearn billboard. Glued them with Testors window cement...essentially Elmers..



Cost...about 30 minutes (I miscut a few) and a piece of something that would normally be thrown away!

Rotor
 


Here's another chop, cut, rebuild. A Mantua F7 body on a Proto 2000 FA1 chassis. It was a shotgun wedding. The truck and weight supports inside the body had to be cut out. On the P2K chassis the front coupler pocket had to be removed and the headlight fixture had the be removed. The corners on the front of the frame had to be ground off (1/8" each side) to allow the body to fit. Naturally it runs like a dream. Here's a photo of it looking like million bucks, if you can get over the trucks that is.

P1010012.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top