ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Jim really fine looking layout you have . The night shots are awesome . Jeffrey nice hook .
Jeff, what crane is that? athearn or bachman?
Jeff, what crane is that? athearn or bachman?
That's Bachmann, Silver Series.
I just looked through my snail mail from today and found that part I've been waiting for to complete my latest project has come in. That's to have two Proto 2000 locos driven by one decoder. The locos have already been rewired to pick up track power as a sixteen wheel unit and send it to the decoder which will be in the A unit (FA-1 chassis with a FT-A shell in this case) and the decoder will power the motors of the A and B units. The B unit is a FB-1 chassis with a F7-B shell. The stall tests say this should work.
jeff that is a very interesting idea/project. i had wondered if you could even do that. keep us updated on how it turns out.
Here is a little Suprise for you all. I just picked this one up. I would be sharing the SF 3751 as well but it has not arrived yet.
Here for you is the 844
Athearn, I assume, Don? It's one fine looking piece of equipment. I don't think it would like my 22" curves though.

I am running it on 15 inch but its a little stiff in the curves. According to the book it will do just fine on 22 but that is supposed to be the min for it. I do have some 22 inch curves on the way By the way it is Athearn
I guess since it's still Thursday, I'll go ahead and post my current progress picture of my layout. I'll be gone for the next six days, down in Florida with family, and headin up to Atmore/Flomaton Alabama for railfanning too!
Anywho, starting putting in a grade crossing, more sceniced area, along with a drainage ditch and whatnot - a little CSX freight set up for the photo shoot, passing a lone grain hopper on the siding.
Kyle
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)