Weekend Photo Fun 15, 16,17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
A KCS led lashup.

IMAG0003-10.jpg
 
Bridge Update

I decided that as the bridge was so close to the other one, it would have to be removable so I could get at it to work on. I also had problems with the fact the area the bridge was going to be seated in was already scenified ! So that meant some excavating.

I decided the piers would have to go right down to the flat baseboard ie all be the same length. That complictated the plan to have the bridge removable. The solution came by cutting the bottoms of the piers and creating some plasticard sleeves to go round them, making sockets for the bridge to lot in.

This pictures show the holes cut in the scenery and the bottom of the piers placed in.

steelviaduct.jpg


Next the bridge was "plugged" into the sockets and everything checked for square

steelviaduct1.jpg


steelviaduct2.jpg


Once happy I screwed up from under the base into the bottom sections of the piers. Checked the bridge still slotted in and out then last step for tonightuse some caulk in a cartridge gun to pack the gaps making the landscape up to the pier bottoms

steelviaduct4.jpg


From the front

steelviaduct3.jpg


When its all dry I will be able to slot the bridge out leaving the bottom sections of the piers in.

John
RJR
 


I was busy yesterday making this:

Trees03w.png


out of this:

Trees01w.png


So I got a lot of these:

Trees04w.png


And some kindling for the wood stove next winter.

Trees05w.png


Now I'll be able to make more of these for the layout:

MoonshineStill05w.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Start to the weekend everyone.......

BOB--In my younger days I often resembled that on Monday mornings:eek:

Johnny
 


I took some new photos of the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR today for a slide show as part of a presentation/clinic I am doing tomorrow at an LHS here in Geneva. Since it is the weekend, I thought I would share a few. The photos pan the "finished" portion of the layout counterclockwise starting at the Ice House.

OldRoomViews01w.png


OldRoomViews02w.png


OldRoomViews03w.png


OldRoomViews05w.png


These take you over to the business district of Hopewell Junction. Don't want to hog bandwidth and make a problem for our dial-up buddies so I will wait to post the rest.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
GRS got this when the 375 got totalled on NS tracks in IL in 2005. I'll redo the tiny MEC when I can find some smaller font sizes.

GRS-382-1.jpg


MEC-382.png
 
Jeffery
Great looking locos!

John
Great job so far on the bridge!

Macjet
Cool loco!

Ray
Good start on the trees!

GrampysTrains
Interesting shots! Nice loco!

Bob
LOL!

Ray
Cool layout shots!

Dave C
Cool looking loco shell and project!

Jeffery
Neat weathering!
 
bunch of great work this week.

I am gonna try to get part of my benchwork up tomorrow, maybe even start thinking of a track plan
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top