Weekend Photo Fun 15, 16,17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


A gp30 road slug that I have been working on.

IMG_5390.jpg
 


Dito, The pictures never fail to impress me,,,

Jeromehow DO you fit all this work into such a short time period, i remember you saying you can do a bit at work but even so, it amazes me.
 
Made my last run this weekend before starting to rebuild the layout. The hand laid switches I have are starting to cause me more problems than there worth. I will be ripping up and rebuilding over the next couple of months. Here are some scenes from the last session.
 
ANother fantastic weekend to all you posters . Tom I enjoy your weathered cars just the way they are . Takes a lot of work and the outcome is awesome . keep up the good work !!!!!!!
 


Hi, guys, sorry about barging at the last minute but I've been away for the weekend. Ken L. and I had very nice visit Friday and he took some great shots of my layout. Shows that a good camera and a good eye can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. :)

The guys still hard at work getting ready for the new traffic lights:

Medium_IMG_1979.jpg


The P&N yard at dusk:

Medium_IMG_1981.jpg


Al's General Store and Trailer Park, still waiting for the trailer deliveries:

Medium_IMG_1982.jpg


A great shot headed down Main St. to downtown:

Medium_IMG_1983.jpg


Looking down First Ave. at night:

Medium_IMG_1984.jpg


Trouble on Main St.:

Medium_IMG_1989.jpg


The police and fire department, looking towards "the wrong side of the tracks".

Medium_IMG_1986.jpg


Thanks for the great photos, Ken.
 
JIM: Really nice photos of a fine layout. Dang, my clumsy hands would get tangled-up in all that great detail. VERY IMPRESSIVE! ;) :)
 
Here's an angle on my layout that you usually don't see. It was taken through two different cameras. The first camera is on a permanant mounting. I use it to keep an eye on that part of the layout while trains are running.


This photo was taken with an old AIPTEK CCD Pencam.


Image14.jpg



And this one was taken with a Vivitar 3935.


IMAG0019-1.jpg
 
Thanks, guys. The photos are all courtesy of Ken L. While I did the modeling, it was his skill with the camera and creative eye that made it look good. I do like to spend a lot of time on detail, which I can do because I have a small layout. Rex, I'd never be able to even a build a layout as large as yours let alone keep it running. Gramps, I wish I could do sceneray half as good as you do. Airslide, I do like that Merchants Row kit. I've got the other one (I forget the number) on the other side of the courhouse and I think both of them look good if you spend some time on them.

Jeffrey, that's interesting that you use a webcam to monitor part of your layout. I've got a hidden rear mainline and I can't see what's happening very well if there's something on the tracks. I might put in one of those myself when I can get a new laptop and dedicate this junker I own now to modern RR uses.
 
Jim, I had no idea! :eek: You have a very nice layout there. It is always special to be able to share it with someone from the forums. Well done!

-Crandell
 
Great stuff again from all but I've got to say Wow, Jim! most impressive! very inspirational, I definately need to get some emergency vehicles after seeing yours all lit up like that!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Thanks, Crandall, quite a compliment after seeing your work.

Rogue, I just really like detailing scenes. The lighted fire truck and police car came for e-bay. Search for a seller called kimthehairdresser. Her husband does the lighting conversions and the price is reasonable. I probably get more comments on the lighted emergency vehicles than anything else from visitors to the layout.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top