Weekend Photo Fun 15, 16,17

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Interchange2008_06032a.jpg


Interchange2008_06034a.jpg


Interchange2008_06036a.jpg
 
Bob ROFLMAO! It's all in your mind..... it's all in your mind.......

You meant ON your mind.


Tom, just a thought I had when looking at your latest round of gorgeous models. As individual pieces they are great but the weathering is so similiar on all of them the variety is a little lost and it is like none are weathered. Just a thought that finally coalesced after a few months of enjoying your photos.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple from me this week. As you may or may not know, I have been working the last couple years, 2yrs 1 day to be exact, on a movie called 'Coraline' that will be out in Feb 2009. It is stop motion like 'Nightmare Before Christmas' and to a less extent the Wallace and Gromit series. Focus Features, the distributer has been releasing little teasers about the upcoming film and they can be found at the link below. I can finally show you a couple of the cool things I have been building but not allowed to show. There is lots more in the videos but this is the most relevant to this forum.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/coraline/news/1748615/exclusive_sneak_peek_at_coraline

In my five years as a professional model maker, I have made exactly one scale model of a train and it will be in this movie. Appropriately it is the "gravy train". "Made" in this case is a slight exaggeration, adapted is a more accurate term. I also made the chair Coraline is sitting on and the fork next to her plate and laid the track the train is running on.
vid1.jpg


And here is a photo of me working on an amazing bicycle. Not amazing because I made it but because of what the animators did with it. You can see it in action in part 3 of the video series linked to above.
vid2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Great stories and images, everyone. We get some outstanding modelling demonstrated here each week. :)

Here is my weekly image. I leave the Y Class Mallet in the shed and return to a favourite, the brutish Pennsy J1. Here it is about to leave the spur on mine duty and rejoin the main.

IMG_2492.png


This is an image meant to show where the camera was placed. Note the Fast Tracks #8's and the low bluff on the right meant to hide the manual throw pins.

IMG_2494.png
 
just got this for the unbelievable sum of £4 from a local show,,, NICE
tanks13-07-08014.jpg

tanks13-07-08015-1.jpg

and it's fully fitted out with air traffic control crew
tanks13-07-08016.jpg
 
Recently purchased Athearn RTR Dash 9, BNSF #1077.
View attachment 10530

This is what happens when you dip a $200 locomotive shell in Scale Cote II Wash Away. Tower 55 ES44DC going from Santa Fe "classic concept" to BNSF #7515, in New Image paint.
View attachment 10531

Finally picked up the DPM "other corner cafe" that I've been wanting. This completes this half of the down town scene on this module. All that's required for the opposite side of the tracks on this module is the Summit Custom Cuts Domino's Pizza, and a 2nd Rix highway bridge to access the other side.
View attachment 10532
 


Once again I am in awe of the quality work that so many of you achieve.......

Here are the rest of the panoramic shots of the sceniced portion of the SLOW RR.

Starting the North side of Hopewell Junction and proceeding around to where Bare Hill begins:

OldRoomViews06w.png


OldRoomViews07w.png


OldRoomViews08w.png


OldRoomViews10w.png


OldRoomViews11w.png


Keep the work coming it is only Saturday!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome, Another nice wreck.

Jeffrey, I really like that little burned out shed.

John, That bridge looks like it's going to be quite sweet looking.

Bob, you look a little under the weather.;)

Selector, you know I'm liking the Pennsy.

Steve. great buy.


Here's what I started Thursday night. It's going to be the Greenlane Bridge project for my Dad's layout.
The small arches are being made from some Atlas N scale viaduct.
100_3452.jpg


Here's the pile of parts before I started anything.
100_3448.jpg


This is what I got done the first night.
100_3453.jpg


100_3455.jpg


100_3457.jpg


I'm going to keep a progress post going to go further into detail. It will be in "Structures and Buildings" thread.
 
Hi All, Great work as usual.


Just finishing up the American Freedom Train Showcase Car No. 41.

This car had a B & O "grasshopper" type locomotive, a horse-drawn fire pumper, and a 1904 Oldsmobile. The fire pumper and grasshopper are scratched while the Olds is a Jordan Kit.

41_5.png



The Olds installed in the car.

41_6.png


The fire pumper.

41_7.png


The "grasshopper"

41_8.png



Happy Modeling....

Johnny
 
Thank You Crandell! Very good of you to say so. If nothing else, I sure am having fun!

I got meet and watch a member of a local Freemo Club (Offshoot of the RIT Club) do some weathering today at the LHS. I wish I had my camera with me. His work would rival Aggro's! I told him his work almost makes me want to switch to modern era except that would involve buying Diseasals..... Got a big laugh from him. I am constantly amazed at the work I see here, BTW!
 
It is always a welcome treat to see your images, DJ. Very nice!!

I think you did a fine bit of work on your servicing compound. Nice separation and arrangement of tracks, and the details are excelllent.

-Crandell
 
One more photo from today. Test fitting the track in my "team" track area. In the background the oil platforms are visible. I need one more platform, a tool shed, and a small control office.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top