Weekend Photo Fun 1-9/1-12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Finished up this Atlas O 2 rail car and trailer last weekend. Sold it already to a regular customer. Hope he has a warehouse for his layout with these cars and required curves lol

The before car:
IMG_0006.jpg


And after:
IMG_0005.jpg


IMG_0004.jpg


IMG_0021.jpg


IMG_0023-1.jpg


IMG_0032.jpg


IMG_0028-2.jpg
 


The new guard shack for the Tank car loading platform yard.
sl00061.jpg


I found it at the LHS, its made by AM Models, a division of Tomar Ind. and it only takes up 8' x 8' in scale.
 
LOS, beautiful job on that PFE van and TT flat car. Hard to beat the detail you can get in O scale.

Jeffrey, looks much better in the gas station now that the boys have some drink and candy machines. :)

Josh, looks good. From little acorns, giant oaks grow. :D
 
LaidOff;

Beautiful work on the car and trailer. Wish I had the room for O scale. I'd definitely do it.

Had a real good friend of mine in Mobile, Al. that was an O scaler, (2rail) and he had me build most of his cars for him. Mostly the older Quality Craft, Likens Valley, and at that time a new concept in O scale, a styrene hopper. He and I used the original kit as a pattern, (All strip/sheet styrene), and build over 50 of these hoppers for his coal train. He pulled it with an old Max Gray N&W A class 2-6-6-4. That was one heavy loco!:D

Have you ever built a Likens Valley model? I built one of their old three level open autoracks. Turned into a real nice one, as long as you didn't 1. Put it next to a properly sized car. or 2. Carry any cars in it.:p

The kit's side beams that supported the levels were cut at the factory wrong and the top 2 levels were all 1-2 scale feet lower than they were supposed to be. About all it could carry auto wise, would be MG convertibles! Far as I know Roy ran it till he had to tear out his layout and move out of state. Lost track of him about 5 years ago.:(
 


CjCrescent....... no I haven't built any of those kits. I mainly stick to the new standard o stuff from Atlas and Lionel these days, every once in a while I will do some MTH and K-Line Classic series stuff. With the scale sizes and realistic details these days, it's tough to beat the RTR stuff. Just add some dirt and maybe a load here and there.....
 
Jim, nice to see some trains after all that detail work.

MD, where the heck do you find toilets and bathtubs like that? If you tell me you scratchbuilt them, I'm going to shoot myself. :)

Jeffrey, I though all AMC Pacers were delivered in that condition since that's about the cleanest one I've seen. :D
 
Jim the bathroom fixtures are from Berkshire Valley in O scale, in HO very similar pieces have been made by SS Ltd.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top