Weekend Photo Fun 1-9/1-12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1010799.jpg


P1010815.jpg


P1010811.jpg
 
This week has been a bit of tiny touches !
Fitted lights into my 153 (Railcar) as I was disappointed that the passangers never showed up on the pictures !!! Theres a bike in there too if you can spot it.
The basket liner grass has been given a coat of green and trimmed at the wall edge.
After visiting the prototype today I realised that my path was not cluttered enough, so we now have some plant pots and it seems the locals are having a dahlia flower competition. A plant pot at the top of the metal steps too.
Oh and as the first exhibition Im at with CRM in Crewe only allows for single line running, I needed a reason to close the front line !! So we now have some maintainance going on.

Passanger lighting
flowersinthelight4.jpg


flowers
flowersinthelight8.jpg


Passing 153
flowersinthelight3.jpg


Maintainance
flowersinthelight6.jpg


flowersinthelight7.jpg


flowersinthelight.jpg


Photoshoot setup
flowersinthelight2.jpg


And as the power was connected I decided to take a video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GoY8V2rQtcs

John
RJR
 
Hi: Jeffrey, it looks pretty busy for your service station grand opening. Great shots, John.

An F7-F3 ABBA lash up with a string of box cars rolling along Roaring Creek.


P1030094.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Jeffrey, now you have to put some interior detail in your Shell station. It looks so empty in there now. :)

John great work on the photos and even more impressive when I saw how tiny that diorama is overall. The pictures give a great feeling space to such a small scene.

Gramps, nothing like a brace of F units and some beautiful scenery to make one wish for the days gone past.
 
LOS, nice reefer and good work on those ice blocks.

Joe, looks like an old B&W photo from Trains. :)
 
Joe watched that switching when I was in high school in Columbia.

Great scene with the seldom modeled ice service.

Some of the pieces that I have been working on today. Two shots of some of the interior details on the hotel, Then a shot of the progress on the Deadwood Smelter. And lastly a shot of the car shop for the SLIM&M, this is the first piece that I have built for myself in over a year.

Matt
 
You fellows do credit to the hobby!

I haven't done anything of note, including photography...too darned busy! :rolleyes:

So, this will have to do. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can get something nice to show.

Mikado007sharadjr.png


-Crandell
 


Hi: Jeffrey, it looks pretty busy for your service station grand opening. Great shots, John.

An F7-F3 ABBA lash up with a string of box cars rolling along Roaring Creek.


P1030094.jpg

I always love your PRR photo's. Are they HO scale? If so a few questions, is that the Brunswick green? And where do you get the decals for that them?
 
Hi: Thanks Steve. The F-7s are from BLI with sound and the F-3s are P1K with Soundtrax decoders. Yes, they are Brunswick Green. I have not advanced to the stage of painting and decaling locos, so I haven't really looked for decals. They are HO.
 
Great photos everyone!

Busy at winterquarters as a string of stock cars gets switched.

2-3.png


Most easy to distinguish elephant cars from other stocks is the closed sides with small vents. This is to protect them from drafts causing colds and the like..

3-2.png


And other stocks(camels, zebras, llamas, horses, etc,.) have the open slats.

4-2.png


Have a great weekend,

Johnny
 
Great photo Gramps you should of entered that one in the photo contest.
Laidoff how much do you get for a cube of ice?

NYC_George
 
As always some fantastic work shown here! Way too many to name each of you, but thanks for making this a great thread!

I haven't had much time this week to get anything done in the train room, but have completed the loading dock for the old Freight House ("Temporary Freight House"....). Still have a lot to do. Will be adding a ramp, steps, and lots of freight, both inside and out.

FreightOffice02w.png


FreightOffice03w.png
 
NYC George the ice blocks are cut from clear acrylic. I think it was a 1/4" thick sheet but its closer to 3/16" and then I sanded them all by hand to give them that "frosty" look. Oh and it's O scale, so much easier to make than HO ;) As it was, my finger tips were raw from all the sanding, I made about 75-100 of them.
 
the railroad was busy today had a few freight trains and the loading docks were in full swing moving truck freight.

I added some exhaust to the trucks pullin the hills out of the industry section

IC heavy Mike passing the Gp18s parked in the sidings

coal mine in full swing

C&NW SD9 shunting some grain cars
 
Last edited by a moderator:


a few more pics of the action.

IC hudson Formerly #1 pulling a fast freight across the diamond

local freight heading up the grade towards the yard

B model Mack crawling over the rails with a 73,000# of coal

the end
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top