ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Yes. The modeler I got it from immersed it in brake fluid for several hours. It stripped the paint but left the details so he just left it like that. I've had similar things happen when using alcohol.
interesting... as an alcohol convert from brake fluidism, I've never seen that happen... although I usually wind up hitting the shells with a toothbrush after a few minutes of soaking...
interesting... as an alcohol convert from brake fluidism, I've never seen that happen... although I usually wind up hitting the shells with a toothbrush after a few minutes of soaking...
Figured I'd drop some pictures of the RDA Durhams tool and die kitbash I worked on a bit over the weekend.
I was really happy with the way the stone wall for the foundation turned out on the kit so I figured I'd describe the way I painted it for those that were interested.
The following picture shows the four steps I'd taken for apinting the foundation while watching football:
1. Top right - Wall painted base grey color
2. Top left - individual stones dry brushed with boxcar red
3. Bottom left - individual stones painted with SP lettering gray, aged concrete, and boxcar red (attempting to prevent stones from being the same color next to one another)
4. Bottom right - Wall then painted with a grimy black wash which tones down the colors and allows the rock details to come out.
Beautiful, Smoke! Although I can't say I ran any Southern tunnel motors(LOL) I did run the SD24's and the SD35 that Wisconsin Central had when I worked in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Nice job.
Yeah, what's this about the UP color scheme being bad? Tell me, how many other railroad schemes look so classy that they basically havent changed since the first F unit hit the rails? I wish they'd bring back silver trucks though.
Before it was stripped the tunnel motor was in UP paint. I see all UP and BNSF so I think that thier schemes are boring. Especially UP. Now that BNSF has new image it actaully looks decent.