Looks greatView attachment 186105
I stole this amazing black chalk spray paint from wifes paint collection. it drys like coal dust on the steamer , its perfect as a base for weathering . i use it on all my steamers
I finally got to the studio for some weathering. I found the Railbox carton and it is a Athearn RTR Prime for Grime series car
View attachment 186096View attachment 186097
I would agree with that. Funny though, I didn’t realize it was a factory fade. I faded it my way on the top of the factoryThanks for getting back on this, TomO.
I presume the brighter yellow for lettering represents peeled letters, leaving less heavily weathered yellow paint behind?
I would agree with that. Funny though, I didn’t realize it was a factory fade. I faded it my way on the top of the factoryView attachment 186117View attachment 186116
If the medium being used is oils they most likely are using a mineral spirit type liquid to remove it. They are many types of mineral spirits available to the artist and painter community.i have a question for all the weathering pros. iam following FOS Youtube channel, and some others. when it comes to weathering there is a technique or something what i dont know.
if a wash gets applyed to the surface, sometimes they are using something to "earease" some parts of the wash? Its i guess a liquid, but what liquid?
I hope you know what i mean and hopefully can help
cheers
i have a question for all the weathering pros. iam following FOS Youtube channel, and some others. when it comes to weathering there is a technique or something what i dont know.
if a wash gets applied to the surface, sometimes they are using something to "erase" some parts of the wash? Its i guess a liquid, but what liquid?
I hope you know what i mean and hopefully can help
cheers
Have fun with your purchases, I do like the AK products but especially like the Abteilung502 products.
that what i was also thinking. but i like the NameHave to admit, Department502 sounds much better in German, wonder how they came up with the name.
I have over the years seen some of FOS scale model videos on YouTube. He has a great video on putting graffiti on an urban setting retaining wall.i never heard about "Abteilung502" but found it funny because of the german word. And i think FOS Scale Models talked about them in a video, so i just ordered some to try outeverything in weathering is totally new to me. till now i only did some airbrushing for some models or buildings. so lets see where the ride will take me
![]()
Yes, they saw service on the Eastern front, and were part of the II SS Panzer division.@Smudge617 according to google search "Abteilung 502" was a heavy Tank battalion in 2nd worldwar... so i guess they have the name from there. maybe because they produce "heavy" colors...
they also use the same logo as they had on the tanks back then. so its definitely the name from back in the days. why to choose a name like this i dont know. but it makes sense now when i look at the name, the logo and the style of the font...
