ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Nope, not wireless, a MicroSD card goes in the back of it. I only got an 8GB one (although it accepts up to 32GB) because it records at 1080p, so you need a very fast (and therefore more expensive) MicroSD card otherwise the camera is creating data faster than the card can write it and you end up with dropped frames. You can also watch a live feed via your TV with the HDMI cable that comes with it.
Lookin good man! You always do some nice work. Im thinkin about painting our benchwork now but cant find the motivation to do so lol. Also, your pictures make me wanna get a coke
dare i ask where you got it from (i know ebay) and for a link/name of it? also would it fit inside a HO sized train car/engine with little to no modding? or how much would be needed?
It's made by a Chinese company and was bought from an online store based out of China that deals in electronics. The site I bought it from doesn't have any more stock and told me that the camera is out of production now, but other stores might still have it. I found this one but it's a bit pricier than what I paid. If you're considering one make sure that the the specs mention 1080p recording (1920x1080 resolution) as there was a lower spec version of this camera that only went to 720p and had a few technical issues. The cameras look identical externally which is why I didn't look on ebay.
As for dimensions, I don't have any HO stuff here to test it on but if you want to measure some of your own the camera dimensions are- L: 89mm, H: 39mm, W: 34mm. I'm not sure it would fit inside a diesel loco shell without removing the casing, but I don't know what it looks like inside because the screws are in too tight for me to remove without stripping the head. It will very easily sit on a flatcar though.
You can still buy this Video camera from many dealers & WM on-line.
It fits in an HO Scale Gon too. I've done 4 Video's w/it & they are on my youTube acct. I paid $64.00 for mine & the 32GB mini Sandisk on Ebay was $32.00. This one is a sports camera & comes w/3 or 4 mounts incl. a helmet bracket. The one the camera is sitting on is my Tri-pod mount for my digital camera.
Haha the borg in The Next Generation said that. The ones in Voyager shortened it to "We are the borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." They must have been lazy borg...
Took a photo of the road stripes I recently added.
Route 66 through our 1957-58 town is finally starting to look like the real thing. Still lots and lots of details to add but I wanted to post this photo to show the progress.