tooter
play every day
I didn't say that. There you go putting words in my mouth again...
Here is the conversation in your own words and mine.
I first clearly stated how to be successful in business in America...
The American Capitalist system is sound... but only for those who live by it's principles:
Decency
Responsibility
Productivity
Solvency
and Frugality
Everyone in America who lives by those principles will be as successful as their telents and abilities will make them...regardless of any economic or political cycle.
...to which you replied that you believe what I had said was just feel good talk and not factual.
Lots of feel good talk there but not much fact to back it up.
Then I simply commented on your own stated doubt that those qualities are necessary for success.
If you feel you can succeed in business without being decent responsible productive solvent or frugal... you are welcome to try.
If you'd like to retract what you had said as having been in error, I can accept that. But those are your actual words that you wrote, and no one else put them in your mouth except you.
So were back to "Everything's fine at my house, so there's no problem"
Yes. For us, there is no problem. Since I am personally responsible for my own house, whether or not things are fine is completely up to me and no one else. I'm happy to take complete responsibility and would never blame anyone else for the consequences of my own choices.
In that same regard, I have absolutely no control over what others choose to do. I cannot change the choices they have already made, nor would dare to come between them and the consequences of their own actions.
Your solution is "do nothing"?
To the contrary, my solution is to "do something"... to be industrious and self motivated enough to set into motion the beneficial consequences I work to earn.
If others want to greedily try to possess what they didn't work to earn the right to own, that's their own "business" and their own free choice to do so. There's absolutely nothing I can do about them getting what they deserve as the result of their own fiscally imprudent actions.
And you've either missed or sidestepped the issue of those who did lose net worth without participating in the credit binge, and there were quite a few.
Not true... for people lost "net worth" by betting their money on the credit binge. Net worth is only what you actually own... and it's value is only the extent that you can make use of it. Everything else is just scribbles on pieces of paper.
This is why these bad decisions can effect everybody (except you I guess).
Yes. Because I can only be affected by my own bad decisions.
If you want the calamity that befalls others to NEVER touch you... simply DON'T DO what THEY'RE doing. Since I have no economic stake in the credit binge, when it collapsed it has no effect on how I live.
The type of cash up front society you advocate isn't going to happen.
You're way too late, Espee...
...for cash up front has already been a reality for me for my whole life. Because I had already made that choice a long time ago. So now I get to enjoy the harvest of the crop that I worked to plant. So it doesn't matter what others do, because they can't get between me and the consequences of my own actions any more than I can get between them and theirs.
The proper use of credit is an integral part of how we do buisness.
Correction... that's how you do business, and that's your own free choice. I have no problem with how anyone else chooses to do business, because they are the ones who take on the consequences of their choice... not me. So there's no need to complain to me about the credit binge or loss of net worth, for I had absolutely nothing to do with those consequences.
(Again, I wonder why I need to explain this to a business owner) It would be great if it did, but then we'd have a bunch of unemployed financial sector workers to retrain. What to do...
Check the unemployment stats, Espee... you already have a bunch of unemployed financial sector workers. In fact you have a bunch of unemployed from all sectors. I'm just not one of them, because I took the initiative to create my own job instead of needing to beg someone else to give me one.
Ever talk to a lawyer? Or listen to one, or even better, to a politician?
Why? What would be the point?
Neither has anything of any practical value to say to me. They already made their own choice how to live their lives and are getting what they deserve as the result of their own free choice just like I am.
Once again, kind of a narrow view that might work for you,
It does... in spades.
I could suggest that others become personally responsible for how they chose to live, and quit looking for others to blame for their own failure to choose properly... but it doesn't make any difference.
for once you choose how to live... short of a near death experience or a genuine life altering one, you'll cake your choice and all of it's consequences to the grave with you.
...but that doesn't translate well to the real world.
The world of laywers and politicians is not the real world because it is built on lies.
If you believe their lies, then their fake reality becomes your reality... and anyone who believes their lies deserves their fake reality and all of its consequences as the result of their own free choice.
Greg
