two years and finally done

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Bread&steel

Member
C P & F ..... The Calumet Pipe & Foundry is finally done. No more add-ons no more changes ( I hope ) no more shops. It's DONE! I'm tired.
New013-1-1.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!!
Now thats impressive, I don't normally use the words art and industrial in the same sentance but this sure is some cool Industrial Art.

You should be very proud of this accomplishment, it's the best I've seen.
thanks for the post, keep the pics coming!!!
 


That is amazing!!! Simply amazing!! Do I spot tracks in the lower right hand corner?

Edit: After scrolling to the right the tracks are easily spotted.
 
WOW!, Just WOW! Nice, nice, nice! (He says while drooling on the keyboard.) Bread&Steel that is a fantastic complex.
 
That sir, is fantastic, worthy of the highest praise. Do you plan to enter it in any contests?
Thanks for sharing your craftsmanship.

Cheers Willis
 
Dang, looks even better than your other pictures. You must be really sick of pipes and stacks by now.:) It was all worth it though, you've got a one of a kind industry there. I'm with Willis. You should send some pics off to the "Big Two" mags and see if you can get published. Your work is certainly better than some of the junk they've published lately.
 


Absolutely great craftsmanship! It is definitely worthy of publication. With all the photos you have of your progress, MR (or better) should be very interested. They would be nuts to pass this by. ;)

Now you can come down here and finish mine...please! LOL :D
 
I can't imagine the time and effort you have involved in that industry. It looks so life-like, all's that's missing is a bit of smoke coming out of the smokestack. Very impressive!!!!!! kudos!!!
 
Dang, looks even better than your other pictures. You must be really sick of pipes and stacks by now.:) It was all worth it though, you've got a one of a kind industry there. I'm with Willis. You should send some pics off to the "Big Two" mags and see if you can get published. Your work is certainly better than some of the junk they've published lately.

Up until recently the two mags have insisted on Chroma slides. This is not a problem for me but it is work and expense. But, I have heard that they are now coming around to the electronic age and are excepting digital files. I should write to them and ask them. It would be a kick to see my foundry in one of their mags.
 
Wow!
Two years.... and it looks like you worked on it every day.

It reminds me of the old Republic Steel facility in Cleveland.
Very nice job of compression to represent the overall size of the steel mills.

Dean Freytag would applaude the job you have done.

Mikey
 


That is incredible work and like Mikey says it reminds me of some old Steel works but in a diffrent part of the country here in Buffalo along another part of the "Rust Belt" !!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top