trainman1980
Member
I was in Tulsa,OK when I saw this UP local moving slowly in the median of the Broken Arrow Expressway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKQVODDyDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKQVODDyDg
Google Mopac Freeway in Austin, Tx or the Hardy Toll Rd here in Houston. Both have major rail lines in the median. In the case of the Hardy line, it is a major UP double track main, often with trains parked. There are several good crossovers (vehicular and pedestrian) for photography.
In Bryan, Tx, a UP main goes down the middle of some residential streets, no median or division at all, just a wide oak canopy. It's a great pic when the Challenger comes thru!
There is a railroad track in a median of a highway I went over in Houston.I forgot what road I was on,when I go visit my aunt in Houston,I'll figure it out.All I know is I have to go to Tidwell Street to visit her when I come from Pine Bluff,AR.
Very nice. We've got one of those out here in Southern California, well two actually. North of LA there's a section of rail in the middle of the 210, or maybe 10 freeway (I cannot remember), and there's a section, that traverses the 5 freeway just north of Oceanside CA.
Careful of who finds out, train watching could be more dangerous than talking on your cell phone while driving.![]()
