tooters scooters...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I haven't the modelling skills to scratchbuild anything like this. It's a ready to run Fleischmann Talbot ballast hopper #8228...

IMG_5133-1.jpg


I've really been enjoying the European rolling stock as there is a much wider variety of small industrial and maintenance cars which are my favorites. :)

Greg
 
A European maintenance box car...

IMG_5174.jpg


It came with solid wheels so I installed spoked ones to match the rest of the old fashioned rolling stock.
 


Thanks for thinking of me, burn... :)

I'm passing on that one because I already have an EMD40 which is similar...
IMG_4925.jpg


Greg
 
You guessed right, Rico. :)

According to the exploded diagram there are 15 separate gears including the gear on the can motor output shaft and the gears on each axle... and it was impeccably manufactured in China. ;)

Greg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I didn't make this. A talented craftsman did this little railbike and shed...

IMG_5179.jpg


...and it rolls really good. :)
 
Hi Dad, :)

Seriously, he's very good... and is a genuine innovator. He scratchbuilt this super long HO scale tank car out of copper wire and plumbing parts...

tankcar.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it needs an 18' radius... ;)
He's always trying out novel concepts and that was just one of them.

Greg
 
Your bike was his way of detoxing after that huge tanker. :D

Now you've got to put a guy on the bike and chase him around with an engine.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top