tooters scooters...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


022-1.png


My smallest is the little 15 Ton Mack loco at 2 1/4 inches coupler to coupler... :)

IMG_5130-2.jpg


Your SD75M is more than four times longer... quite a difference! :eek:

Greg
 
That Mack can probably fit in the SD75M's cab!

When I get my GE 25-tonner back from Jerome, I'll have a scooter of my own! :D
 
Cool, burn! :)
Looking forward to seeing it.
Here's the 15 tonner...

[youtube]rGU1Y9ETHsI[/youtube]
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Here's a photo of a certain 15 ton Mack between a SD70MAC and a C30-7. It's not very big and boasted 85 hp vs 4000 for the 70MAC.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Mack have high couplers, or does the MAC have low couplers? I'd also imagine that the difference in gear ratios between the Mack (GE 44-tonner truck?) and the MAC would mean that the Mack would get dragged.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paul that happened in real life once when the 35 ton GE I was running had to go in for service. It got pulled to the city behind two CNR SD40-2's in a South bound train!
Wish I had a picture of that, Tooter would have been proud!
 
Does the Mack have high couplers, or does the MAC have low couplers? I'd also imagine that the difference in gear ratios between the Mack (GE 44-tonner truck?) and the MAC would mean that the Mack would get dragged.

I don't know, I don't have either of those locos any more. The couplers on the little Mack are attached to the shell which may have not been all the way seated on its frame when I took the photo (6 or 7 years ago). The little Mack ran quite well with the Kato big MAC. The C30 had DCC so they never had the opportunity to play together.

It looks like the little Mack is enjoying its new home and getting much more attention than I gave it!
 


Thanks, Larry...:)
They do fit nicely, and I'm totally pleased with them. The rest of the cars sold for a total of $113 plus the shipping charges on ebay, which reduced the cost of the ones I kept to $10 a car.:)

Greg
 
Oooh... another scooter. :)

IMG_5154.jpg


IMG_5155.jpg


IMG_5158.jpg




It's only 1 1/2 inches long and has working headlights in both directions. I'll post a video when I get a chance to put some track on the carpet.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top