tooters scooters...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Greg, I've got 2 sets of those Euro freight cars consigned to an Antique store here in town. The sets I have ain't cheap, but, they are different than anything you've probably ever seen. maybe I'll go & pick them up if you're interested.
 
Hey Larry, :)

Thanks for thinking of me! :)
I've been selectively acquiring rolling stock one by one, but I'd be interesting in knowing what sets you have for sale. You don't need to pull them for now. But if you have the manufacturer and the set number, I'll do a search and find pics of the sets.

These are the criteria I look for:

1. Era I, or early Era II
2. Spoked wheels
3. Short in length

Please don't hesitate to let me know what you have for sale. :)

Here's the style of rolling stock I'm looking for...

f5211.jpg


f5353.jpg


f521201.jpg


These Era II hoppers aren't made with spoked wheels, but they're really cool... :)

5505.jpg



Take Care,

Greg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greg, The one's I have are Roco & Fleishmann. Have some of what you have listed & then some that's not listed. All are 2 axle w/tons of details. I don't have any pictures here or the part numbers. maybe monday I'll go down to the antique store & pick them up & take a lot of pictures for you. I forget what I was asking for them.:confused:
 


Sounds good, Larry... :)

Even if you just get the brand and part numbers off of the cars, that'll work just fine, too. Whatever is most convenient. Oh, there's one other detail. I only have DC two rail and not AC three rail, so the spoked wheels will need to be for DC and insulated from the axles.

Greg
 
Making a little more progress on the mining ore carts...

IMG_5061.jpg


Next is staining the wood, painting the bins, and adding the drawbars and link pins. They're a good match for the 15 ton loco. I'm planning on running regular size tracks into a mine with two timbered openings so that the engine will be able to pull the ore cars in and out. :)

Greg
 
The ore cars will be a single rolling unit like the ingot buggies, so only Kadees on the ends for simplicity.

I love those Huangdan videos!... and have watched them over and over again. :)

Greg
 
Next scooter will be this detailed old fashioned wood and metal crane car kit... :)

341.gif


Got it off ebay for only $16.
 


The kit looks interesting, I'll bet that'll be a challenge. The Mack looks good, but those curves look way to wide for it. :)
 
Nope... just a cheap Atlas Snap Switch...
If I really crawl the Mack over the switch, it stalls on plastic frog but that's to be expected with a little 4 wheeler. Overall, it runs excellent for such a tiny engine and was superbly constructed by "kjd". :)

Greg
 
I've been taken by the old fashioned charm of the Era I Euro stuff. They' perfect for a micro layout because they're small and the engines are slow.:)
 
Greg, everytime you show us your new rolling stock and locomotives, im tempted to send you one of my big diesels for some side by side pics, just because i dont think im completely appreciating the size of your scooters :D
 
Hey Little, :)

Just for fun, post a pic of one of your big diesels with a ruler laying lengthwise in front of it, and I'll do the same and will size my posted pic to the same visible scale as your ruler. ;)

Greg
 


Ok, heres the Adirondack and Northerns Second Largest Diesel, an Ex-BNSF SD75M. I used the SD75M because its details are alot better then my beloved CP AC4400s :cool:

Because not everyone is going to be familiar with an SD75M, the CP pickup is in the picture for everyone else. I figured just about everyone has at least some kind of vehicle on their layout, so then everyone has something to reference.

Length is around 10inches coupler to coupler.

022-1.png
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top