Trees look good, Tony; want to make sure the train doesn't bump into the overhanging branches (spoken from experience)
thanks for posting!! lasm
Thanks lasm and good advice re the branches. I did try to make sure that they didn't over hang the track BUT I do see one that does, quite a lot. Not sure if the engines will clear it or not, if they don't - will bring out the chain saw
Looks pretty good Tony. I've tried the ws trees and had a hard time accepting the shiny trunks and found getting the foilage to look right was going to take a lot of practice.
I know what you mean here, mine are so old and dusty, they no longer "shine", at least they don't appear to in "person". I also had to move the foliage around quite a bit to get it to look half decent. Despite what ws says, the armatures are not as manageable as they say so far as changing their position. I know there are far better tree's out there, but they also have a far higher price tag too.
Hard to tell but the one tree by the bridge may appear too close to bridge. but looks pretty good as does the small group of trees, odd numbers is a good thing.
Are you talking about the tree near the road bridge? If so, yes, it is right on the roads edge and over hangs the bridge a long way. I did that intentionally though as it wont interfere with anything.
When you take a photo try taking it with flash off and it will give a clearer most accurate pic.
I don't use flash when taking pictures. My camera is set for AV shooting with a focus on F/Stop being set to 22. I will say that my camera needs a damned good service and clean. I might my other camera and see if that gives a better picture.
I've often found that simply planting trees just doesn't do the scene justice, and found that the ground work needs to be built up at the same time, even on a golf course the treed areas would have build up in the treed areas.
Point taken and I have put in "some" additional ground cover beneath the tree's for that reason. Last night I ordered more stuff from Scenic Express that will provide that build up and hopefully give it a more realistic look.
I see what you mean about the ballast looking too new and I'm sure you know what to do with that ( again could be the camera.
It isn't the camera - it is new and does look new. It is pristine, I've just been laid" ballast. Last night I made up a test bit of track and ballast to experiment with I/A, and will be using that to "age" the ballast on the layout.
Your actually quite fortunate that your wifey is also in on the layout so perhaps she will allow you to use the blender to grind up some stuff from out doors , or she may suggest you to goto a second hand store lol. Tony I can easily work in an area for weeks at a time until I'm happy and sometimes move to another area and revisit. Keep working on it and it will all come together.
I am lucky that my wife is into the layout as well, whether she would let me use the house blender is another thing though

Might be a case of visiting the local salvo store and pick up a "Layout Scenery Only" blender.
For the moment, as I did order the Scenic Express Dead Fall, I will wait and see how that looks - what exactly it comprises of and if I even need to go scavenging for small twigs etc; although, I most likely will anyway.
Thanks for the comments and advice guys, appreciate it a lot.