The new guy

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


KPenn5

Conductor
I just thought I'd say hello and post some pictures from the club layout..

I primarily stick to modeling the Santa Fe, as I work for the BNSF and see WAY too much orange during the week.

IMG_8496.jpg


IMG_8497.jpg


IMG_8499.jpg


IMG_8501.jpg


IMG_8503.jpg


IMG_8505.jpg


IMG_8506.jpg


IMG_8509.jpg


Hoped you enjoyed..All these photos were taken a lazy Saturday with some friends at the club..
 
Welcome! And that layout looks great with those Santa Fe units. What models are they? It looks like they have LEDs in them? Sound/DCC?

btw, I can never get enough of the Orange & Black.;)
 
The SD75M is Athearn Genesis, along with the two Superfleet FP45's. The Dash 9 is Athearn RTR.

All DCC with NCE decoders, no sound on 'em, just personal preference.
 


Nice, layout, nice motors, and nice imagery. You seem to know your way around a camera. :)

-Crandell
 
Thanks for the info on the Warbonnets. They are so pretty. My LHS has the Athearn Genesis SD75Ms in stock, I might go get a couple of those!
 
I just thought I'd say hello and post some pictures from the club layout..

I primarily stick to modeling the Santa Fe, as I work for the BNSF and see WAY too much orange during the week.

IMG_8496.jpg


IMG_8497.jpg


IMG_8499.jpg


IMG_8501.jpg


IMG_8503.jpg


IMG_8505.jpg


IMG_8506.jpg


IMG_8509.jpg


Hoped you enjoyed..All these photos were taken a lazy Saturday with some friends at the club..

Nice layout and great scenes. May I ask what type of camera and lens you used?

Welcome.
 
No not at all, I just use a Canon Rebel XTi with the stock lense it came with. Everything else is just visual trickery to make it look more realistic.
 
Here's some more shots a few months older..

IMG_8056.jpg


IMG_7369.jpg


IMG_7370.jpg


IMG_7375.jpg


IMG_7384.jpg


IMG_1785.jpg

The 9647 and the 7789 are the only two BNSF locomotives I roster..everything else is pure ATSF.

IMG_7385.jpg
 


Stop it already! You got me all worked up on the Warbonnets! :D

btw, are you guys sure you have enough WS ground foam? It looks like a well stocked hobby shop. LOL
 
One can never have enough warbonnets, it's how locomotives were meant to be painted ;)

The pic with all the supplies was taken before we finished a few spots on the layout..it's always changing as we go along.
 
Nice shots Kyle! I thought I recognized that screenname... :)

Actually... I see several names I recognize now that I think about it. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more shots a few months older..



IMG_1785.jpg

The 9647 and the 7789 are the only two BNSF locomotives I roster..everything else is pure ATSF.

IMG_7385.jpg

Holy cow! I noticed someone weathered some of those engines and a hopper car on that train! Man, you must have some good friends! LOL!

-Rich
 
Most definately brother..

Now if I can finally get the cajones to start on the rest of my fleet. Thank Goodness the Santa Fe kept their engines somewhat clean :D
 
Thanks to this thread I'm now getting a pair of Athearn Genesis SD75Ms and installing Tsunami's. I'm really liking the Warbonnet scheme. :p

Kyle, is there alot of room inside those things for a decoder and speaker? I'm trying to figure out how big speakers I can get in them?

Thanks,

Michael
 


Kyle
Welcome to the forum. The models and the pics are impressive, and I do whole heartedly agree about the inherant beauty of the warbonnets. However, being from the right coast, we paint em blue here!! :rolleyes:;):D:rolleyes:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top