The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken L I'll give it a try at 9-10pm here, 3-4pm there.
Rex i had a trial run on Skype on Sunday i think it, with a friend in Illnois which went well apart from his microphone playing up, he has since put everything on his wireless laptop puter and it works spot on, he's plugged in the videocamera so he can take in on a walkabout round the house and garden, now that sound's like fun to me.
I'm steveb1967 on Skype
 
I may be able to do that to Steve, a guy is coming tommorrow to do the broadband and I have a private wireless network I want to set up, so I should be able to take you guys on the lawnmower with me:eek:

Sounds like a neat programme, I'll check it out 2moro.

Fergie, I know a Captain (fishing boat) over here who does six months on-off they have a 10 acre farm as well, he sets things up for the Mrs so she can run the farm while he's on the boat. Seems to be a good arrangement, I think he goes to sea in our winter?

It must be good for their relationship cause we don't see them much in the summer;) ;)

Ken.
 


Coffe anyone?
Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Day 1 of retirement, got up at 4:30 am to get ready for work, that's when CFO got up as well to remind me that I did not have to go anywhere... :o :o So I went back to bed after catching up with the news and got up around 9...
cid_019501c61dfe79d727806501a8c0DJK.gif


She also told me to stay out of trouble... Who? Me? :D :D :D
cid_004e01c5d202b78bfee0b23cd0d8Rob.gif


Hope you all had a great day

Happy MRRing
loco.gif
 
CSX_road_slug said:
Wow Fergie, that sounds like a very family-hostile org to work for, hope that never happens to you...

(BTW I added your "paper-and-scissors rock faces" clinic to Aggro's List Of Wildly Useful Threads across the tracks.)

It "was" a very family Unfriendly Org. Couldn't get leave couldn't get time for family problems. Changed about 15 years ago due to a lot of Officers going to the Offshore or going ashore.

And many thanks for adding it to Aggro's thread as I became rather frustrated when I saw that thread disapear off the radar within hours. figured I had either been excomunicated for the 8 star thing or people were just into just fluff or no one really gave the Paper, Rock, Scissors thing much credance.:( go figure?:confused:

Anyway I gotta go and BBQ

Later All

Fergie
 
Hello All,
Myself and Ken Larson just spoke to each other on the Skype service, This is going to be great fun, and there is potential for other stuff like conferance calls, video calls.
Nice one Ken,
 
Fergie: Years ago, I was in an outfit in the US Air Force that stayed on the road all the time building communication/radar centers from Thule to South America and included all the down range missle tracking sites from Cape Canaveral. In fact it was the only stateside assignment that was 2 years instead of 3 because of the married mens hardship.
It also was the smallest organization in the USAF, but had the highest divorce rate. Fortunately, I was single then but the longest time that I was back at the base at one time was 3 weeks and that was because of having to take a job proficiency test and Thanksgiving. I saw married guys come back in after 4 or 5 months and they would turn them around after 3 or 4 days and send them back. Finally, the Inspector General came around and put time limits on TDY's for both the married and single men. The Commander got transferred to Thule, Greenland as part of a reprimand.;) :)
 
CBCNSfan said:
So be warned when they are giggling, watch your back so you're not the victim of a got! cha!
Sun's shining today, not much snow left so it's looking better outside.
13.gif
Willis

Willis;
I have my computer set up next to window with a southern exposure, so the sun is generally from the back, through the window. I was typing away one day when I heard a noise behind me and my daughter came up behind me, threw a towel over my head. She said, "Dad, PULEEZEE! I'm trying to read, and the glare is tremendous!!" Thats a gotcha!
 
Carey I can only chuckle a bit
ATT6275578.gif


I remember a few years ago, about a dozen now, while we were patrolling in the Adriatic sea on a Canadian Naval unit, one of my lads mentioned that I should not go outside without a hat on when the sun was shinning for fear I might give away our position... Needless to say, I was the subject of many chuckles then.
 
Hi gang, pardon my tardiness - lots of issues I had to deal with today.

Steve - enjoyed the Skype conversation yesterday, voice was much clearer than I had expected!:cool: A 40-minute call - not bad, but TEFFY still holds the record (90 minutes). BTW I found out why our calls were getting cutoff: It was my ISP [Verizon DSL] that was having equipment problems, eventually they went completely dead in my neighborhood. That's OK since I needed to get some MRR stuff done anyway.

Guys, If you haven't tried Skype yet you really ought to - it's a great way to speak "real-time" with anyone anywhere in the world!

Fergmiester said:
...And many thanks for adding it to Aggro's thread as I became rather frustrated when I saw that thread disapear off the radar within hours. figured I had either been excomunicated for the 8 star thing or people were just into just fluff or no one really gave the Paper, Rock, Scissors thing much credance.:( go figure?:confused:
Fergie, I almost NEVER post 'clinic'-type stuff on Kamlbach anymore because it has an extremely short shelf-life (Joe Fugate has made this same observation) - I put it here instead. I see the MR forum more as a place to hang out for general chit-chat, or if I want to get a lot of opinions on something.

. . .
Well that's it for now, I'm being summoned - TTFN
 


Hi gang! How about a cup and a donut on me. Where's that redheaded Flo?

KenL: What kind of 'mic' did you end up getting to use on the Skype? That really sounds fun. At least using it, you wouldn't have to worry about your battery running down when you talk to Teffy:D :D Where is Bob anyway? I need to call him soon.

Luc: One of the requirements I have for CJ when he comes over for a visit is to always take his hat off. The reflection saves on the lighting bill:D :D .

Fergie: Are you talking about your clinic here on this forum? Heck, I look it over quite often as I do all of them. Darn good reference thread.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hey all, strong drink for me... this game, WoW, is sort of annoying, when the server is slightly busy it "lags" and I either can't get in, or can't accomplish anything cause I "lag freeze"... Hows work for everyone? I'm leaving my cushy job and returning to pump some fuel on base, I "start" monday. Then its off to the races to plan for this August when I no longer have a job! HOPEFULLY I can find something that pays enough to stay here in San Diego, I really like it here.
 
Yaaaaaahoooooooo Broadband is back!!!! Now I can look at all your cool photo's without having to wait for a week.

Oh my Skype is NZRMac!! Duh, what else would I choose? I think my mic is a little quiet but it works.

Ken.
 
RexHea said:
Fergie: Are you talking about your clinic here on this forum? Heck, I look it over quite often as I do all of them. Darn good reference thread.

Thanks Ken as it's good to know that the Paper, Rock, Scissors thing actually was appreciated. Sometimes when you come up with something you see it through Rose tinted glasses :o Bottom line is I'm happy with the latest batch but may have to revisit earlier versions to rework the colours.

Re Skype: Is this something you need to be in front of or in proximity of the computer? I mentioned this to Lisa an she said NO:mad: I may have to hook up the old pewter in the basement and go incognito on this thing. It would be great if it was a head set so you could MR and talk at the same time... Then again this may not be the best thing as my kids tell me my language is quite colourful when things aren't going well:rolleyes:

Well time to get at it!

Later All

Fergie
 
Fergie, looking at the Skype website, there are handheld phones and headsets that you could use. One of the phones is a dual cordless one, plugs into a ordinary jack or the internet.

Ken.
 
Hi

I had no idea about this forum before. Discovered by chance about 1-2 months ago. Very nice. Kinda ironic that some names are familiar too.

I'll grab a coffee to go
 
Hello All,
I just bought a coastal patrol boat,,,not a real one just a model, 1/22 scale made by ROBBE, i got it second hand ready built up with motors, rudders, servos etc, it's real nice, just want's R/C transmitter and battery pack and were off, i paid £75 BARGAIN,,,the cost of the kit alone is £175 then you have to build it, paint it, fit it out with motors and rudders etc so i'n happy as a pig in,,,,,,
this is it

128841658.gif

and the stern
128841692.gif

NZ KEN got your Skype user name, gave it a try but you were off line.
Fergie the trial run last week showed you just have to be in the same room close'ish to the pewter and the other person can here you OK, this of course will alter depending on your mic's limitations.
 
Steve B said:
NZ KEN got your Skype user name, gave it a try but you were off line.
Fergie the trial run last week showed you just have to be in the same room close'ish to the pewter and the other person can here you OK, this of course will alter depending on your mic's limitations.

Nice boat Steve, I've always had a passion for R/C anything. The Helicopter I had was a real laugh!! CRASH.

Being off line could be a problem 12hr ish time difference in all!!

Ken.
 
Hi Crew,

Not much time to post a long message, lost my DSL internet connection due to problems with my ISP's equipment. The outage unfortunately caused the firmware in my DSL modem and my router to get scrambled [most likely my teenagers trying to make it work again in my absence:mad: ] Anyway, long story short - spent 4hrs on phone with Verizon tech support just to get modem working again. Router is history, they won't help me because it's beyond the warranty period (I'll never buy another Dynex ever again if I can avoid it!).

I'll come back later once I've purchased and installed a new router, very busy at the moment, C-ya!
 


Well it's the cold shoulder treatment for buying the boat, must keep a low profile for a few days
Ken L that's bad with the modem and all, hope you get it fixed soon, watch the BP, you don't want to burst a blood vessel sorting out the PC, annoying as they can be.
Ken M I, 12 hours causes a dilema,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top