That one item you have always been after

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


They are pretty simple to make yourself if you think about it. I think I have the paint and 2 GP38's just for this.....
 


Yeah, I just bought a undec U23B to paint. I was looking for decals earlier and couldn't find anyone who made the black CSX set.
 
Still wanting to get a 3 truck shay that doesn't have split gears. I had one all detailed and weathered just perfect for my RR, but sent it in under warranty and it never came back. Instead they sent me a Spectrum 2-8-0. I'm still not too happy about that.

Also, looking for an Alco MRS-1, but I have a feeling I'll be doing some scratch building for that one.
 
Still wanting to get a 3 truck shay that doesn't have split gears. I had one all detailed and weathered just perfect for my RR, but sent it in under warranty and it never came back. Instead they sent me a Spectrum 2-8-0. I'm still not too happy about that.

Also, looking for an Alco MRS-1, but I have a feeling I'll be doing some scratch building for that one.

Thats the main reason I do not send my engines back to Botchmann for repairs...and I fix them my self...:( for me I already have what I like and I only buy what im "after"
 


Thats the main reason I do not send my engines back to Botchmann for repairs...and I fix them my self...:( for me I already have what I like and I only buy what im "after"

Amen on that one! One of my Bachmann 2-8-0's experienced a motor failure. It too was weathered, and had a few prototype specific modifications done. I paid for a new motor from Bachmann rather then sending it back to them!:cool: I also learned 1 thing. When the drive belts start failing (and eventually they will) they will become static display pieces. Those drive belts are a real bugger!:eek:
 
Amen on that one! ...I also learned 1 thing. When the drive belts start failing (and eventually they will) they will become static display pieces. Those drive belts are a real bugger!:eek:

Karl, they're not that hard to replace! First hold the frame halves in both hands, then use your 3rd hand to pull and replace the belt!:D

See, its reeaall easy!:p;)
 
Karl, they're not that hard to replace! First hold the frame halves in both hands, then use your 3rd hand to pull and replace the belt!:D

See, its reeaall easy!:p;)

you forgot the 4th hand also needs to hold the tooth pick/flat screw driver ;) LOL...



but I agree I was not about to send my favorite engine back to Bachmann just to have them toss it out and "replace" it woth another "newer model of the similar type" nah I love the Soughton Hall too much for that, granted its not a high end piece but it can pull like a muel and can happily chug along toting a 20 carrage train with no issues, granted it don't like inclines but I have a small pug type engine that I plan to use as a "remote pusher" to assist with pushing trains up hills and things when I start figureing a way to build an actual bench...but thats another story ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got one of my unicorns only because of price
a Proto 2000 N&W 2-8-8-2 DCC ready
now I just need to save up for the QSI Titan to put in it
Also need to save my pennies for a Cornerstone Railroad Shop
That will be the last of the big buildings for my layout
 
A brass key N&W Y5. I've cobbled together 2 from Rivorossi Y6b's by grinding off details and adding brass ones for the Y5. I'd like to see someone make the original A, Y5, Y6 tenders too.
 
A center cab 65 ton Whitcomb engine in Maryland Midland!!
1987110903.jpg

Those are neat I have a Hallmark brass piece they show up from time to time at usually fair prices mine will be a detroit harbor terminal engine!!

100_2237.jpg
 


My sought after item that has avoided me for the better part of two years is a Overland Models 132 ton GE center cab switcher in Ford paint

If anybody knows the whereabouts of one of these I am very interested!!!

5498_1_A_medium.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top