Stuff I've been working on & bought.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


great stuff larry. you give us new guys inspiration to want to go out and start scratch building items for our layouts.

do you have any pictures of you overall layout?
 
[

do you have any pictures of you overall layout?[/QUOTE]

yes, someplace on this forum there's a whole library of aerial photo's & others.
You can look in my Photobucket acct. too. The link is below my signature. There's about 350 pictures in that.:D
 


WOW that thing is huge!...I could build my layout on the roof! Nice work and thats some collection!!! The water looks great too.
 
WOW that thing is huge!...I could build my layout on the roof! Nice work and thats some collection!!! The water looks great too.

Thanks for the Comments Bob. I was thinking about adding another bumpout on my layout for that building, but, ended up using this space instead.
I followed directions from my Model Railroader mag & added wave action to the lake. Always wanted to do that. I did the same thing to my long dock area for waves on the water.:)
 
Here's another warehouse I finished up today. This one is across from the WM warehouse. I used a background building for the front of this new one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remember where the big Bridge was? Well, it ain't there no more. I took it apart & started this project yesterday.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2 walthers cars I bought off Ebay cpl. weeks ago. Never had the Walthers Superliners. Really like the detail & the metal wheels.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:D I re-visited the last page of this thread again today. I noticed that there is a rocket :eek: in the background of the 2nd Wal-Mart picture. Is that part of their plan for world domination? :D

Nice work on the structures. I like them.
 


:D I re-visited the last page of this thread again today. I noticed that there is a rocket :eek: in the background of the 2nd Wal-Mart picture. Is that part of their plan for world domination? :D

Nice work on the structures. I like them.

I'm sure a rocket wouldn't make a lot of difference to Walmart, since they already own the world, especially China & Taiwan & the United States is in there somewhere. I use to work for WM & they treat you like a slave if you are over the age of 60.
 
Plaster is going on & Bridge is on the bench being built.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Almost done w/the bridge. A little more filling around theedges & repaint the rough openings.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Weights

I've been looking for some easy to install weights for engines & found these today at Harbor Freight. The 1/4 ounce was $3.39 & the 1/2 oz. wt. was $4.39. These are peel & stick, but, I'm going to add some adhesive.
here's a photo.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Finished this Custom engine today. It's an Athearn SD-9 w/AC4400 cab &
SD90 front steps.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got a scratchbuilt long drop center flat on the workbench that I started on today. It Will have 16 axles & I'm scratchbuilding a Reactor for the load.
Hope to have it done by this Friday.
If the heat lets up a little(105* in my trainroom)this week I'm going to finish my new bridge & the new valley w/5 waterfalls.:cool:
 
Got some more work done on the new bridge & painted a base coat on the mountains. Also, spent the day doing maintenance on all my coal cars. Changed out axles, trucks, couplers & lubed everything. Next is weathering & loading coal in evey car.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Remember when 1 of my engines was pushed off a shelf by a critter & I made it into a "B" unit. Well, the past 2 days I've been making it back into a powered engine again. Here's the before & after.:eek:
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top