ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Northern Pacific history enthusiast
The backdrop color looks real good. I also enjoyed the video, you have lots of nice rolling stock. Thanks for the update, Steve!
Looking great Steve and I like the way you have done your back drop as well!
Thanks for the comments gents!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started doing some scenery around the the grain elevator and surrounding industries in between other jobs around the house....
Picked up this nice piece on eBay, not sure where it's going yet on the layout but I'll make room for it....
Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Progress ! Looking good. Wondered what happened to you.
That looks really great. Nice score on the building too.
Bit of an update in between work, yard work and school weekends!
Been working on the scenery around the grain elevator and other industries, I put in a driveway and have to finish up the details, scnery and weathering.
Also been working on a construction project to add to the layout, I've started on a road that will be "under construction" along side the mains and sidings that will tie into two other roads that will already be complete. I'm still working on this so I only have the left side complete so far.
Steve
Thanks for the photos. Looks like you're really making progress. Keep the pictures coming.
Looking good. I like the construction project idea.
Northern Pacific history enthusiast
GREAT looking scenery, Steve. Thanks for posting an update!!
Thanks for the feedback Gents, I got a bit more done last night. I'll try to get some more pics up today or tomorrow.
Outstanding work! I very nearly went with N scale cause you can pack so much MORE into whatever space you have available. I am very fortunate to be able to dedicate some serious space so I'm going HO, that and the arthritis would make manipulating that small of items that much mote difficult! Excellent design with the yard and the 'countryside' separated like that!
If I put mine in the garage I could only run it 6 months a year!
Thanks for the feedback "new guy", I went with N due to the limited space at the time. It can be frustrating working on items in N scale, especially couplers, wheel sets etc. If I ever move and get a dedicated room or basement I will most likely upgrade to HO scale too.
Steve
One more.....
Excuse the mess in the background of the layout, need to clean that up big time!
It is coming along very nicely Steve and from what you are saying, and have done, it is going to be fairly detailed scenery wise when completed. That is something I like to see.
Thanks Tony, hope to have some new pictures/updates coming soon.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Pacific history enthusiast
I like the details around the construction zone!! Thanks for posting!
Looking real good. Glad to see you are making so much progress. The added scenery details are great, adding a lot of interest.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)