Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


The backdrop color looks real good. I also enjoyed the video, you have lots of nice rolling stock. Thanks for the update, Steve!
 


Started doing some scenery around the the grain elevator and surrounding industries in between other jobs around the house....

076805cb498d8acf8a5f9dc3b9cfb1fb.jpg


6adfdc97e60775c39eea1f36b11d8750.jpg


19e8b105b62c05d8ee3e13a95db25241.jpg


Picked up this nice piece on eBay, not sure where it's going yet on the layout but I'll make room for it....

df6a7e5695ed0a4204e335f7dcf1c9fa.jpg


9931c4b33f311ff5071429df186a5946.jpg


Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Bit of an update in between work, yard work and school weekends!

Been working on the scenery around the grain elevator and other industries, I put in a driveway and have to finish up the details, scnery and weathering.

IMG_3304.JPG

Also been working on a construction project to add to the layout, I've started on a road that will be "under construction" along side the mains and sidings that will tie into two other roads that will already be complete. I'm still working on this so I only have the left side complete so far.

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

Steve
 


Outstanding work! I very nearly went with N scale cause you can pack so much MORE into whatever space you have available. I am very fortunate to be able to dedicate some serious space so I'm going HO, that and the arthritis would make manipulating that small of items that much mote difficult! Excellent design with the yard and the 'countryside' separated like that!

If I put mine in the garage I could only run it 6 months a year!
 
Thanks for the feedback "new guy", I went with N due to the limited space at the time. It can be frustrating working on items in N scale, especially couplers, wheel sets etc. If I ever move and get a dedicated room or basement I will most likely upgrade to HO scale too.

Steve
 
Got a bit more of the scenery done of the road "under construction" running parrallel to the tracks. Still need to add more details and weather, I'll try to weather and ballast the tracks tonight too. I also ordered some nice construction equipment, signs and scenery detail from ebay that should be coming in soon. Those should finish off the scene nicely.

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3314.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG
 
It is coming along very nicely Steve and from what you are saying, and have done, it is going to be fairly detailed scenery wise when completed. That is something I like to see.
 


Looking real good. Glad to see you are making so much progress. The added scenery details are great, adding a lot of interest.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top