SPTrains.com Warning!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Oh there are lots of happy campers leaving positive feedback for Atomic. It's just that wow, you'd think they'd realize the ratio of negatives per day is crazy.
They apparently have one guy listing things on ebay, another who takes your money, and still another who does the shipping.
I'm told they list from items in the suppliers catalogs whether they have them in stock or not, then when time comes to ship they wait and see if they can get it.
They also list with the wrong price quite often.
I finally got a nice fellow on the phone (8th call or so) who straightened everything out and refunded my cash.

If that is true, that is just crap and would explain a lot of the negative feedback where items never shipped.

They upped the price of the item I bought by more than doubling it after they shipped it to me. Could be they took a loss on it because of a pricing mistake.
 
Capital One refunded me the purchase amount and there still hasn't been any communication from SPTrains.com
 
Glad you got it sorted out!!

Man after looking at a few pages on there of HO scale vehicles, id say 70% of there stuff is listed with either wrong descriptions or wrong MRF's, thats pathetic! :eek:
 


On a good note, I just completed my first transaction with Modeltrainstuff.com and I am very pleased. The had a problem with sending me a shipping notice so I emailed them to find out if there was a problem, I come home for lunch today with a shipped notice in my inbox and the item on my porch :-) They shipped it Thursday as expected, just never got the UPS tracking info to me. I am ok with that.
 
MB Klien (model train stuff) is GREAT!! Ive done several large orders with them, each of them filled the items and quantities i ordered and have provided me with excellent customer service with all of my previous orders, i would highly recommend them
 
Good to hear that you were able to get your money returned macjet. It's still too bad that you never even heard anything from SPTrains.com about the whole situation though. Would have been nice to know what's going on.
 
Macjet

I did find a telephone # for SPTRAINS- 1-866-601-5616. I called and spoke to ANDREA and had my order cancelled and my credit card was credited for the past order. The co moved to a bigger place and the lady on the phone had all sorts of problems with her computer. No organization there. From nzbuffalo, also had problem with SP Trains.
 


Today, out of the blue, a package arrived. I had no idea what is was. The only thing on order is an M4 charging handle. My wife said it must be trains. I said "no", I don't have any train stuff on order.

I open the box and it's two Walthers 53' well cars. The order came from SPTrains.:confused:

Problem #1: I only ordered one of these and already bought it after I cancelled the order.

Problme #2: This order was cancelled, my money refunded, and there have been no charges from SPTrains.

:confused::confused::confused:
 
Send 'em to me. I'll find some use for them. I've been looking for some excuse to start yet another set of modules. lol A container yard would be just the ticket.

Bob
 
If I have trouble like that with a company I tend not to do business with them again. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I don't let it get to twice.
 
I've not had trouble with them, though it has been a while since I have ordered. Maybe business is growing faster than they can keep up.

Having owned my own businesses, I can relate to that. You try to maximize profits and are leery of getting too many employees. It's tricky.

Bob
 
Mac, you just got a gift. If you cancelled the order and they refunded your money, it counts as an unsolicited mailing. Any unsolicited order can be treated as a gift with no obligation for you to do anything. Sounds like a seriously messed up operation.
 
Mac keep an eye on your mail box. Maybe lightning will strike twice for you.
On a serious note at least you can feel like you got something for all your hassle over those orders.
 
I ordered a RS-27 from them over a month ago. Three e-mails and no reply. Looks like I better cancel the credit card transaction. Unreal!
 
I'm in a bit of the same boat heere. I ordered four engines 3 months ago and have yet to receive them. I've emailed them EVERY day for the past 3-4 weeks and no reply. If I don't get a reply by the end of next week, I'm calling the BBB andmy lawyer. I think it's too late to call my CC provider, but I'll give that a try too. On the 14th it will be exactly 90 days since I placed my order.

I'd never had a problem until now. I wonder what's up?

Bob
 


so i just looked at that website...and it hasnt been updated since at least Christmas of 2008 lol...i stick to ModelTrainStuff.com...or the Atlas website :)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top