ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Here's one from an old Roundhouse kit. I decided to detail the inside. Everything inside except for the figures, lanterns, stove, and a couple other equipment details was scratch built.
Here she is in the yard (Roof is not firmly attached as you can see. It will get lighting sometime.....)
Here's my CNR Caboose, a Juneco Craftsman kit. I'm in the middle of making a second one.
And this is my CPR shorty caboose. The prototype was used on a switchback to a smelter in Trail, BC. They could fit 1 more ore car on a train if they used this caboose over a standard length one
This is my favorite, an old Overland brass UP CA-3 caboose that I repainted in the last days of UP cabooses, from a prototype photo. This one had some repair work done to the sides after an accident and, as you can see, the shop used whatever color yellow they had in stock. It was in the dead line at Yermo two years later.
Three of my favorites" 1st a swapmeet find ATSF blind end side door caboose 2nd a PFM GN. 30 footer I repainted and decaled. and 3rd a GN. Hutchinson 50 foot caboose which still exsist today.
Three of my favorites" 1st a swapmeet find ATSF blind end side door caboose 2nd a PFM GN. 30 footer I repainted and decaled. and 3rd a GN. Hutchinson 50 foot caboose which still exsist today.