troyphoto
Snarky Old Fart (in training)
Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those wishing Willie a box of jelly-filled donuts
It's Troy again.
Listening to the CD collection of Jazz trying to figure out what's a keeper, and what goes into the sale bin.
Since a lot of the Jazz is from a library with their labels stuck to the front of the booklet and the inner ring of the disk, there's not a lot that I can sell to Half-priced books. Those may go to the Franciscan resale shop as a donation.
BTW: the one I'm listening to right now will be going. Bella Fleck and a soprano vocalist, and Bella is playing something stringed that isn't a guitar. It's mildly OK, but not a keeper.
In other news, bills for the Chiropractor and the first round of PT have rolled in. That's $600 I wasn't expecting. Looks like neither was covered as I'm still under my deductible.
I'll have two more PT visits to pay. After the session tomorrow, I'm done.
WILLIE: up til this year, the wife's mantra was to get one of the cheaper plans that covered annual wellness visits since: "We're both pretty healthy..." She said tonight that the company she works for should be previewing the plans for next year in the next week or two. So she'll be looking at increasing the coverage. But there's a point of diminishing returns for jumping up to a Cadillac plan. At least we get free labwork (based on who she works for).
And, I contacted the company. IF I elect to have surgery on my back, it's a 2+ hour drive to the one approved location in the central to northern part of the state. Otherwise, I pay out of pocket for it until I hit my deductible, then it doesn't cover much of what's left.
The SPINE Problems:
I dug around in the various health portals. From 2024 my online records from the other Ortho Clinic aren't very detailed, but it looks like the Schmorl's node (evidence of a past rupture, where the jelly-donut fluid leaked into the spinal column, shows the bought of Sciatica back right after my mother died was *Probably* caused by a herniated disk. But this one presented differently.
On books about Aging.
I gave up on the "Younger Tomorrow" book. It's definitely written for Type A high achieving personalities. If that's your style, it's a good one. Well written, lots of good info about the aging process. But the attitude of the co-author "Chris" about stuff like "Exercise is your job NOW" was grating. His part of the book is written like that.
So I asked Claude for recommendations to similar books that would help me get motivated, not turned-off, about the need to exercise and make some lifestyle changes.
He recommended...


I forget who recommended the Netflix shows based on this, but thanks. I've watched the series of shows, now I can read and learn.
Wife says we'll probably get a YMCA member ship this winter. She is adamantly opposed to machines to exercise being in our house. So she'll have to spend the money for the membership.
It's Troy again.
Listening to the CD collection of Jazz trying to figure out what's a keeper, and what goes into the sale bin.
Since a lot of the Jazz is from a library with their labels stuck to the front of the booklet and the inner ring of the disk, there's not a lot that I can sell to Half-priced books. Those may go to the Franciscan resale shop as a donation.
BTW: the one I'm listening to right now will be going. Bella Fleck and a soprano vocalist, and Bella is playing something stringed that isn't a guitar. It's mildly OK, but not a keeper.
In other news, bills for the Chiropractor and the first round of PT have rolled in. That's $600 I wasn't expecting. Looks like neither was covered as I'm still under my deductible.
I'll have two more PT visits to pay. After the session tomorrow, I'm done.
WILLIE: up til this year, the wife's mantra was to get one of the cheaper plans that covered annual wellness visits since: "We're both pretty healthy..." She said tonight that the company she works for should be previewing the plans for next year in the next week or two. So she'll be looking at increasing the coverage. But there's a point of diminishing returns for jumping up to a Cadillac plan. At least we get free labwork (based on who she works for).
And, I contacted the company. IF I elect to have surgery on my back, it's a 2+ hour drive to the one approved location in the central to northern part of the state. Otherwise, I pay out of pocket for it until I hit my deductible, then it doesn't cover much of what's left.
The SPINE Problems:
I dug around in the various health portals. From 2024 my online records from the other Ortho Clinic aren't very detailed, but it looks like the Schmorl's node (evidence of a past rupture, where the jelly-donut fluid leaked into the spinal column, shows the bought of Sciatica back right after my mother died was *Probably* caused by a herniated disk. But this one presented differently.
On books about Aging.
I gave up on the "Younger Tomorrow" book. It's definitely written for Type A high achieving personalities. If that's your style, it's a good one. Well written, lots of good info about the aging process. But the attitude of the co-author "Chris" about stuff like "Exercise is your job NOW" was grating. His part of the book is written like that.
So I asked Claude for recommendations to similar books that would help me get motivated, not turned-off, about the need to exercise and make some lifestyle changes.
He recommended...
I forget who recommended the Netflix shows based on this, but thanks. I've watched the series of shows, now I can read and learn.
Wife says we'll probably get a YMCA member ship this winter. She is adamantly opposed to machines to exercise being in our house. So she'll have to spend the money for the membership.


