ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I bought another BLI "Bullmoose" loco from an individual on the buy/sell/trade forum. He had four brand new Stealth units at $550.00 each. I purchased a different road number than the one I already have hoping to double head the units. Two days ago he said he accidently sent the wrong road number and would this be ok with me. I said no as the one he sent is the same number as the one I have. So..........he said he would send the correct loco the next day and he will send me a return postage label for the one I will be returning. The wrong unit is supposed to arrive next Tuesday via UPS. Man, sometimes you just can't win, but he is making it right and paying for the extra postage. I guess I should not gripe considering the selling price.
We're getting remnant moisture from "tropical storm Rachel" and it's supposed to rain 2-4" this weekend and continue a few more days, though today the rain has been minimal. A few downpours that didn't last too long. We'll see how it works out.
I did go and caulk around a window frame in the basement wall (to a walkout area behind the house dug out after the house was built). The concrete underneath the window frame had broken down a little.
And we have a leak on a large replacement window wall on the main floor, though after looking at it from the outside, and the caulking with silicone that the window company came back and did a few times, I don't think its actually leaking around the window. I did place a big strip of tape along the top of the window as a test, but I noticed some places that maybe some water is leaking underneath the roof end where the gutter is. I placed some tape over where it looked like it might leak in as a test. We'll see if it rains enough to try and leak
51°F out there with clear skies this morning. We had a couple bands of clouds from the hurricane move through here, but no precipitation at all. No wind either.
Supposed to be 88°F in the city today so summer continues to hang on, and is more like late August here instead of October. Pretty soon München will be moving Oktoberfest back to October where it originally was held when started.
Nothing going on here and I'm still supposed to be taking it easy for several more days. So taking it easy it shall be.