Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


If you feel like messing with it, you could install a series of fence posts next to the steps so the tops are between waist and chest high, and secure a chain along the tops of the fence posts. It's cheaper than a handrailing, and is not something your neighbors would have--as well as being useful to grab if someone stumbles.
Nope. If I decided to add a rail I would pay someone to do it right. I may be in great physical shape, but I know my limitations. It's a steep grade dropping about 20' down to the bottom. 33 steps.
 
DINER_DOG1.png
DINER_COFFEE CUP.jpg


Good morning, Coffee Shop! :cool:
It's Friday, 48°F (8.9°C) and clear in Tipton.

Have a great day!;)
 


Good morning. It’s cloudy and 76, with a chance of hurricanes later in the week.
Today started poorly for many of us on the road. Somebody rolled their car over in the middle of the highway, resulting in the road being totally shut down. I, and a couple thousand of my new closest friends, had to take alternate routes and back roads to get to work. For me, it meant an hour and a half driver instead of 25 minutes. Of course, the person that flipped their car is arguably having a worse day…
 
Good morning all!

Happy Friday!

Mostly cloudy and 56F this morning. There is a chance of scattered rain showers later this morning, but if it happens it should only last an hour
or so, High today is around 75F.

Usual Friday chores around the house this morning, Daughter is off school today for some kind of state teachers institute . She also has Monday off
as well, so a 4 day weekend for her.

Nothing much else going on. Time to hit the first cup of coffee and enjoy the quiet since no one is up yet.

Have a safe day everyone!
 
Good morning. It’s cloudy and 76, with a chance of hurricanes later in the week.
Today started poorly for many of us on the road. Somebody rolled their car over in the middle of the highway, resulting in the road being totally shut down. I, and a couple thousand of my new closest friends, had to take alternate routes and back roads to get to work. For me, it meant an hour and a half driver instead of 25 minutes. Of course, the person that flipped their car is arguably having a worse day…
I bet this would have applied.
 
In one week, I have lost all sense of time. I needed the computer to tell me what day it is. I'm more unstable moving around than usual. I'm fighting an uphill battle trying not to fall. All my energy has been lost from not sleeping well. It has only been since 9/14 that I could sleep for an hour before having to pee, often much less time. I'm up to hours now but every time I wake up, I can't fall back asleep. Instead of my body creating sleep deprivation torture my mind has taken over. Everything will return to normal when I see my little Angel sleeping next to me.

My mind maybe slipping into confusion, but all I need to do is turn on a ball game and it snaps back into baseball mode. The NFL game on Amazon didn't have the same impact. I enjoyed it but it is not baseball.

The Yankees scored 18 runs in two games against Boston. They only managed three runs in the three games with the Rays. All of the three runs came in the final game of the series with the Rays. Pitching makes all the difference. The Rays made the pitches when needed and the Yankees did not.

As it always has been and always will be; the guy on the mound can block the path to winning a Championship.

This Clevelnad team refuses go away! The White Sox always go down fighting. I expect an epic battle to decide this series. It will be interesting to see if one of the pitchers takes it upon himself to shut the other team down. You don't have to strike everybody out, just avoid loud contact. If I were a gambling man, I would put a few dollars on Moon-Shot hitting a big homerun! If you make a mistake to him, he usually doesn't miss it.

In the playoffs a team can ride three good starters and a good bullpen all the way to the Championship. The Brewers or even the Rays could do just that.

The Dodgers vs the Brewers should be interesting as I expect it to go back and forth. This time the Brewers have better starting pitchers than they had in the past. This Brewers' rotation may not be as deep as in years past, but the top of the rotation is better than ever.

What if? The Brewers and the Rays... we could have a small ball series, that would be different! You never know, they could combine for a dozen homeruns. It depends on the pitches they see. Every MLB hitter can launch one coming down Broadway.

My pretty little Angel is one her way home. God willing I will be picking her up a Dulles this afternoon. I won't mind the Friday traffic so much knowing my Angel is waiting for me on the other side.

I did sleep pretty good last night. I will take a nap or two to be ready for the drive.

This song popped into my head... fitting!


Enjoy your day Everybody!
 
50°F out there and clear this morning. Good morning.

Not much happening here today. Laundry is done. I think I might get into the train room today for a little operating.

Have a great Friday.

Servus!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top